G2622 Streamliner Finish Question:

Discussion in 'Streamliner Gretsch Forum' started by Jeremy Crockett, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Jeremy Crockett

Jeremy Crockett Electromatic

Dec 15, 2020
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Ok, this is a not-so-subtle attempt to push me over the edge. I am vacillating between an Epi 335 and the G2622. I already have an Epiphone, I do NOT (yet) have a Gretsch.

At first, I was drawn to the G2622T in Torino Green more for the color than the Bigsby. My Epi has a Bigsby so I'm "covered" in that area. However, the more I look the more I loving the Single-Barrel stain on the 2622. My question is this: How orange is the color? In some photographs, it looks more like a rootbeer, in others, it shows as the tiniest bit orange, and in the Gretsch demo vid on YouTube, it really looks orange.

The GC near me does not have a single 2622 in stock and I have yet to see one in the real world. If any of you have photos of yours would you kindly post them here so I can get a better idea and so that I will, FINALLY, pull the trigger on this thing?

Davis Sharp likes this.
  2. Randy99CL

Randy99CL Country Gent

Feb 17, 2020
    Albuquerque
    Sorry, but you could look at 100 pics on the internet and possibly only one (or none!) would show the actual color. It's a big problem.
    I looked at probably 20+ pics and ordered one of these:
    16 G&L ASAT Bluesboy.jpg
    But I received this:
    ASAT Bluesboy 2A.JPG
    The color is called "Turquoise Mist" so I expected it to look like the pics, or the towel in my pic, not just light blue. I got a great sale price, love the guitar and kept it but wish it was more turquoise instead of a pale blue.

My first Gretsch is a G2622 in Walnut Stain and thankfully it looks just like the pics.
    G2622 Body 1A.JPG

You will love the Gretsch, though, if you are on the edge just order one. Look at as many pics as you can find and hope it is the color you like, you can always return it.
    I own two Epis, one was disappointing with a few flaws and all 3 of my Gretsches are flawless. You'll love the neck, the fit and finish is incredible and overall they just have a feel and sound that is right there. All Gretsches have that undefinable spark that makes them magic.

Archtops, Jeff67 and Mr Swisher like this.
  3. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Gretschie

Apr 25, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    Search the Streamliner forum for "single barrel" there are quite a few pics.

Jeremy Crockett likes this.
  4. DougWheeler74

DougWheeler74 Gretschie

Jul 10, 2019
    NE Wisconsin, US
    I don't see any orange to speak of in my 2622:
    IMG_8029.jpg

Note: The finish is much shinier than the pictures suggestion.

Attached Files:

5. Jeremy Crockett

Dec 15, 2020
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    So, last night after taking another look at the photos available online here and elsewhere, I finally did it. I pulled the trigger on the G2622 in Single-Barrel stain.
    It was the last one that American Musical Supply had. It should be here on Thursday. I look forward to the latest addition to "The Family".

Floo, MrWookiee, Archtops and 2 others like this.
  6. Jerzey Bob

Jerzey Bob Gretschie

Apr 3, 2021
    North Jersey

Don't worry, you'll love it. I went thru the same thing w/ my Imperial Stain. With wood stains you never know, but, w/ stock colors, I'd think they'd be more consistent. Mine is pretty close to the stain on Gretsch's site, yours should be, too...

7. Jeremy Crockett

Dec 15, 2020
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    I agree. I have heard NOTHING but good things about this guitar.

Unfortunately, FedEx has changed the delivery date to tomorrow, so one more day of anticipation for me. o_O

Archtops and Jerzey Bob like this.
  8. Jerzey Bob

Jerzey Bob Gretschie

Apr 3, 2021
    North Jersey
    yeah, same, seems lately FX gets held up a day somewhere. Usually @ a hub I can drive to in an hour.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  9. Archtops

Archtops Synchromatic

Mar 4, 2021
    SoCal
    Please shows us a pic when it arrives. Thanks!

10. Jeremy Crockett

Dec 15, 2020
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Well! Lookie here!
    I went to FedEx on my lunch hour today and brought this back to the office. More photos will be forthcoming when I get home.

GretschBox01a.jpg

Floo, Jerzey Bob, MrWookiee and 3 others like this.
  11. Archtops

Archtops Synchromatic

Mar 4, 2021
    SoCal
    Can’t wait to see it.

12. azrielle

azrielle Electromatic

Feb 24, 2021
    Lund,NV USA
    I have the 2655 in that color. Bought it at a brick and mortar Sam Ash a couple of years ago, partly because of the color, partly because of its light weight and size, and partly because its unamplified acoustics were better than the chambered Jets they had in stock.

13. Jerzey Bob

Jerzey Bob Gretschie

Apr 3, 2021
    North Jersey
    Your willpower is greater than mine, I'd've hauled ass to the house never to be seen again.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.