G2420T strings?

shnaggletooth

Electromatic
Nov 29, 2021
NJ
What strings did this guitar ship with? I just dropped mine off for a setup, and included a set of D'addorio EXL110's (10's) for the guitar tech to install, thinking that's what they needed, but now I'm not sure. I don't think he did the job yet, so there's still some time to get more appropriate strings.

tmcq65

Gretschie
Nov 10, 2021
Eastern Tennessee
"10s" are pretty standard, if that what you like then that's what you should have it set up with. I put Slinky "9s" on mine and they felt pretty similar to what it came with. That being said, the nut slot for the G-string was pinching the string a bit, and I had to file it a bit to keep it in tune. I've heard others experience the same thing. Would your tech do that as part of a setup?

shnaggletooth

Electromatic
Nov 29, 2021
NJ
"10s" are pretty standard, if that what you like then that's what you should have it set up with. I put Slinky "9s" on mine and they felt pretty similar to what it came with. That being said, the nut slot for the G-string was pinching the string a bit, and I had to file it a bit to keep it in tune. I've heard others experience the same thing. Would your tech do that as part of a setup?
He probably would, if necessary. I told him the guitar doesn't stay in tune, and he had some ideas on how to remedy that.

JetSoldTears

Electromatic
Jul 4, 2017
New York
I bought a g2420 in December and couldn’t be happier - for the money it’s the best guitar around. Play it more than my MIM Tele.

I wanted to be able to play jazz and rockabilly and Beatles rock - so I tried the below at 11’s. I NEVER EVER spend this much for strings, but wanted to see what lid flat rounds made a diff. I’m soy glad I went this rout. These are the perfect strings for this guitar.
Thomastik-Infeld Swing Series Acoustic/Electric Jazz Guitar Strings JS111 Light 11-47