SOLD FS: Gretsch BT65 Broad'Tron Pickup Set with Mounting Rings

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by surge98, Jul 23, 2020.

1. surge98

surge98 Newbie

Feb 29, 2020
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I don't have any posts or sales on this forum, but this seems like a better way to reach Gretsch fans compared to Ebay and Reverb. Please feel free to check out my perfect feedback rating on both of those sites:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/rspst14

https://reverb.com/shop/ryans-gear-locker-38

I have a set of Gretsch BT65 Broad'Tron pickups that were pulled from a new G6228 player's edition that I recently bought. These are great pickups, but I only have one Gretsch and I've been wanting a set of TV Jones filtertrons for a long time. These pickups are in excellent condition, and include the mounting rings. I don't believe these pickups are available for purchase separately.

What's interesting is that they both measure nearly the same on my meter: 5.86k and 5.83k. So I'm not sure if Gretsch uses the exact same wind in both positions, or if the wind is different on one of them. They are not marked bridge and neck on the bottom of the baseplate like you would normally see with an aftermarket pickup set. One has a standard nickel baseplate and one has a gold baseplate, and the lead wires are different colors. The one with the grey wire is the bridge pickup, it is adjusted higher in the mounting ring. These do not appear to be splittable, the wire is only 2 conductor. The pickups were removed with the leads fully intact at the factory length. Please be aware that these pickups look like filtertrons, but are slightly larger in size. So you'll want to verify that they will fit your guitar.

I'm asking $140 shipped in the U.S., paid through Paypal. I will ship USPS Priority Mail and can often get packages mailed out the same day if I receive payment early enough. Please let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks.

pickup.jpg pickup2.jpg

2. YouFellowRebels

YouFellowRebels Gretschie

Jun 17, 2020
    Minnesota
    Still available?

3. surge98

surge98 Newbie

Feb 29, 2020
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Yes, they're still available. Message me if you're interested.

4. jfassett

jfassett Synchromatic

Dec 9, 2017
    Tucson
    5220 owners....I put a set in my 5220 and love them!

Merc and YouFellowRebels like this.
  5. YouFellowRebels

Jun 17, 2020
    Minnesota
    That’s what I want them for! Ha. My 5220 is amazing, but the one thing I want to upgrade is pickups.

jfassett likes this.
  6. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    If youfellowrebels doesn’t grab them, it might’ve been @new6659 asking about where jfassett got his in another thread. Although my mind can get a bit mixed up at times.

Btw, that’s a rare Aleutian blue. Yours is the only other one I’ve seen than mine.

YouFellowRebels likes this.
  7. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I forgot to add to check your Gretsch serial number on your certificate. Mine arrived from Musicians Friend sealed from the factory but I noticed the serial number was wrong. I had to go through customer service and they reached out to get me a correct one. Let’s see a picture of that blue beauty!

8. YouFellowRebels

Jun 17, 2020
    Minnesota
    I’m hoping to snag em! They don’t seem easy to come by and in my budget surprisingly!

jfassett likes this.
  9. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    It’s a great price and I love mine. I just thought I’d throw new6659’s name in as a possible backup. I believe he was looking for a set. I haven’t checked Gretsch’s parts catalog. But I’d imagine they can be special ordered by an authorized dealer in case of repair.

If you get them are you going all out and doing a treble bleed and a no load tone pot? That would in essence make it closer to a full on Players Edition.

YouFellowRebels and jfassett like this.
  10. new6659

new6659 Country Gent

Thanks for the heads up @Merc but I'm on the wrong side of the border to make the purchase:(o_O

11. YouFellowRebels

Jun 17, 2020
    Minnesota
    Haven’t even thought that far ahead! Nor do I know what all I’d need to do it. I had to install a new switch, the one in my 5220 went bad quick.

Merc likes this.
  12. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Sorry, I overlooked US shipping. Still worth a shot but sounds like youfellowrebels is going to snatch them up.

13. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    These should sell fast . Best with the sale :)

14. surge98

surge98 Newbie

Feb 29, 2020
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Tentatively sold to YouFellowRebels, pending payment in a few days. If he changes his mind, I'll make them available again.

thunder58 and YouFellowRebels like this.
  15. Gregor

Gregor Gretschie

Oct 17, 2018
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Just curious as to what's the difference between these and the stock Black Top Broadtrons in the 5220?

16. Gregor

Gregor Gretschie

Oct 17, 2018
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Just found the current thread on these.....have to get rid of this tunnel vision!

jfassett and YouFellowRebels like this.
  17. YouFellowRebels

Jun 17, 2020
    Minnesota
    Received today. Great deal and great seller. Had them well packed and he shipped as soon as paid.

Merc and jfassett like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.