Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Wanted **FOUND** Seeking Nocturne Ubangi Stomp or Sleeper Drive **FOUND**

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by Srellim1, Mar 7, 2017.

1. anthonyguitar

anthonyguitar Electromatic

Jun 1, 2016
    ct
    still have the ubangi for sale?

2. anthonyguitar

Jun 1, 2016
    ct
    count me in.... think that makes 7 or 8 commitments

TV the Wired Turtle and Srellim1 like this.
  3. heinzman

heinzman Gretschie

I´m still in ! ;-)

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Srellim1

Srellim1 Gretschie

Feb 6, 2016
    Los Angeles
  6. nickurso

nickurso Friend of Fred

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    $225 I'll preorder one now

audept likes this.
  7. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    I'm in. Make that 2.

HotRodDan and nickurso like this.
  8. anthonyguitar

Jun 1, 2016
    ct
    I have a sleeper for sale if you are interested

9. Srellim1

Srellim1 Gretschie

Feb 6, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Hey- I truly appreciate it but I got lucky early on and found a Ubangi and a Sleeper through one forum member.
    Since then this thread has sort of taken on a life of its own and become more of an early interest list for folks wanting to participate in a new Ubangi Stomp buy in.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    nickurso likes this.
  10. Srellim1

Srellim1 Gretschie

Feb 6, 2016
    Los Angeles
    To update this thread, I just put a TV Classic/ Classic plus pickup combo in my Falcon. I have a set of Setzers in the 6120. It literally sounds as though the Ubangi was made for this. Which, I suppose it literally was. (For my purposes) this is the best simple overdrive I've used. I'm pretty sure that the consensus among the neighbors is 'man that guy CANNOT play but dear god he sounds fantastic'.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  11. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Friend of Fred

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I've begun a contract w a co-op builder who is going to handle the Ubangi circuits for me. Gotta do 20 per run, so its moving forward. I'll let you know when the new PCB prototype is finished. The newest version will have a position switch added. "tight" and "loose" plus the high mids trim pot will be up top and will take 9v and 18v

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    gtttrrr, audept, HotRodDan and 2 others like this.
  12. Srellim1

Srellim1 Gretschie

Feb 6, 2016
    Los Angeles
    That's so cool.
    Really looking forward to this one!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  13. danny182

danny182 Newbie

Apr 22, 2017
    London, UK
    Hi everyone!

I am glad I've found this forum. Is it still possible to be among those who can order the ubangi stomp if it becomes available again?

should I leave my email somewhere?

Danny :)

14. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Friend of Fred

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Finalizing the new circuit boards, the smaller mxr size box and switch position for "missionary" & "pagan" :) We should be able to begin pre order in about 2 weeks. Fingers crossed.
    I need your help in getting 15 orders though or it wont cover the costs involved that I'm already investing in. The guy I'm working with is such a tech wizards its awesome and it will be a product that wont have a long wait time. Its gonna be life changing for me, just painful to get there as I'm doing the same process w the Jr Barnyard, the Dyno and Atomic Brain as well. Then the Nailhead. I have a few guitars I HAVE to sell now :)
    -tv

15. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Glad to hear and see these developments Tavo.

16. NicolasM

NicolasM Electromatic

Jul 17, 2013
    Switzerland
  17. dankas11

dankas11 Synchromatic

Jul 6, 2014
    Croatia
    hey Tavo, I have Ubangi but I will like a new version too :) my birthday is in few days so I will buy my self a present if preorders are still in. tshirt too!

18. Srellim1

Srellim1 Gretschie

Feb 6, 2016
    Los Angeles
    That's fantastic news. I imagine that it will be a rough process getting there but can you imagine the potential once you get it all up and running? Super cool! As a fan, I'm really happy for you.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  19. Srellim1

Srellim1 Gretschie

Feb 6, 2016
    Los Angeles
    IMG_8013.jpg While we are all waiting for our Mystery Brains to arrive and for the new Ubangi buy in to begin, I want to take a minute to thank Tavo publicly for being a true gentleman.

As a result of this thread, I purchased a Ubangi and a Sleeper Drive through a member here. The Ubangi was/ is fantastic, unfortunately, the switch on the Sleeper broke the first night that I received it (chalk this up to no fault / Murphy's Law). I emailed Tavo for advice. He had me send it to him. He did the repair free of charge and the Sleeper is back in my hands as I type this.

This is really above and beyond stuff for a second hand item and a great example as to why it is so important to support the small/ local/ boutique guys who sincerely care about the work that they are doing.

I realize that this is a small thing to harp on about, but it is the little things that take a **** day and make it a great one.

Thank you Tavo as always!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    Henry and audept like this.
  20. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Tavo is a national treasure. I'm building a statue of him in my front garden. The neighbors think it's going to be Kim Jong-un. :D

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    heinzman and Srellim1 like this.