For us Esquire lovers......

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by TSims1, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Stefan

Stefan Country Gent

Jan 20, 2016
    Germany
    It doesn’t make any sense. Play a Telly or play an Esquire. You don‘t want a 2nd pickup in an Esquire.

2. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Y’all are thinking too hard and too locked in to your traditionalism.
    It’s just cool. It LOOKS like an Esquire, but is actually a stealth Tele. That’s COOL. It’s all about the aesthetic, just like a relic guitar or a relic red white n blue 6120. ;)

Maxadur and calebaaron666 like this.
  3. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    I love Brad Paisley's playing style, I wish I could play like that. I think it's ironic that Brad's signature Esquire/Tele is Butterscotch Blonde but the other guitar in the video is a Paisley Telecaster!

Stefan likes this.
  4. Stefan

Stefan Country Gent

Jan 20, 2016
    Germany
    I’m with you concerning Aesthetics, but you won‘t get the magical Esquire tone with a second pickup. Hotrodding the wiring (1. Tone&Volume, 2. just Volume, 3. direct to output) gives you the desired pickup versatility without magnetically influence from the string pulling neck pickup.
    But to me the main thing is the need of schooling your right hand to become the tone master of your guitar.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    KelvinS1965 likes this.
  5. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Just shielding it from dust and dirt would be a legit argument. But the ‘50s marked the beginning of space exploration. Rocket science and Aero dynamics took a huge leap seeping through in every aspect of popular culture. TV series, comics, design fashion etc.

6. 5120mantis

5120mantis Country Gent

Mar 6, 2011
    nj
    A few weeks ago i learned the first few licks to nervous breakdown. I can play it about 70 mph slower than Paisley, he can rip, not a huge country fan but man the guy can play, and the paisley drive is a cool pedal.

audept likes this.
  7. Stefan

Stefan Country Gent

Jan 20, 2016
    Germany
    7B0254A1-691C-4951-B985-0E055EF2C5CE.jpeg EB18C561-50EA-4D80-9DD7-EB4C081D9479.jpeg
    Talkin‘ Esquires :cool:
    Next body- a wonderful 4.75 lbs swampash body, perfectly flat :D with a superb faded butterscotch blonde, thanks to Gavin from Axecaster and the artists from SC Relics.
    ECCB2A81-5DF4-480E-A8DB-51C046D8C846.jpeg
    :):):)

8. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Gretschie

Jan 11, 2019
    Wokingham
    @Stefan I thought that looked very similar to mine as I scrolled down your pictures. :) It's almost it's twin apart from mine hasn't got the arm/corner wear (yet).

That's a proper Esquire Stefan. :cool:

Stefan likes this.
  9. Stefan

Stefan Country Gent

Jan 20, 2016
    Germany
    You‘ve got it also from Axecaster?

KelvinS1965 likes this.
  10. Tele295

Tele295 Country Gent

A stealth neck pickup will still exert magnetic pull on the strings, although not as much as you would if the pickup were higher than the pickguard. If there’s less pull, you will get mostly the sound of the Bridge pup, with an increase in sustain due to the lesser amount of pull, although it may be humcancelling if it is a RWRP set. I’m not saying that Brad does this for humcancelling purposes, but just me speculating about the benefits of a stealth neck pup.

11. Tele295

Tele295 Country Gent

Where can I get one?

12. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Gretschie

Jan 11, 2019
    Wokingham
    Yes mine came from Axecaster as well and sprayed by SC Relics as I couldn't be bothered stripping the poly off the old Squier body that was the 'donor' for my Esquire.

There you are Stefan:

Esquire & Plexi 2 edit.jpg

audept, G5422T and Stefan like this.
  13. Stefan

Stefan Country Gent

Jan 20, 2016
    Germany
  14. Stefan

Stefan Country Gent

Jan 20, 2016
    Germany
    Very nice, a little less reliced. Congrats! Gavin is a nice guy and his stuff is top notch!

KelvinS1965 likes this.
  15. GOOBALL JEFF

GOOBALL JEFF Gretschie

Oct 1, 2019
    london
    yeah i want that pickup

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.