For those looking to source Guild/Gretsch pickup connectors ...

Discussion in 'The Pickup Place' started by dbirchett, Mar 22, 2021.

1. dbirchett

dbirchett Gretschie

Feb 11, 2009
    Arizona
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    BorderRadio, Hammerhands and BrianW like this.
  2. BrianW

BrianW Country Gent

Oct 21, 2014
    Vancouver Island
    Great bit of info there! Thank you for passing the word around. Now all we need is a source for some amount less than 1000!
    :eek:

I'm kidding - haven't tried to find any so I haven't got details..

3. new6659

new6659 Country Gent

This is great info. I wonder what these would cost? It looks like you would need to buy 1000 each of the male end, the female end and the male and female wire crimping parts.

4. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    The mystery is solved LOL. I used to bin’m on my Epiphones first thing... Do they offer a 3, 4 or 5 connector variety?

5. Mark 6120

Mark 6120 Electromatic

Nov 5, 2020
    DFW
    Those look like some Molex connectors, but I would imagine those have been investigated. Digikey or Mouser don't carry those?

My Tennessean has three pin connectors of a very different type. I was expecting those.

6. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Country Gent

Mar 6, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    Awesome, but also a lot of work. I’d rather just make my own Sub-D pins and new harness.

For quick jobs, I’ve used these. I had bought them for pedal builds, and they have leads already installed. All I use are the female side, and I have to sand off the clip side, and the rim on the top. They fit well after that, but they don’t lock, pressure fit only. Which is good enough, because I zip tie the excess wire and the clip is part of that. IF it fails, then I’ll do the harness change I wanna do anyways :)

daier 20 Sets Jst Xh 2.5-2 Pin Connector Plug Male with 200mm Wire & Female Connector
    C8662A47-0094-4324-89CC-221FE2D7C2F9.jpeg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DUC1NDM

Les Pedals likes this.
  7. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Yeah, any Molex w/ the appropriate number of connections & wire gauge capacity should work if you're willing to replace both sides. I grabbed some connectors & the crimper from Mouser a while back & they worked fine for pickups. I can't recall what the minimum part count was but it was well under 1000.

8. BrianW

BrianW Country Gent

Oct 21, 2014
    Vancouver Island
    Still a great bit of info if one wants to keep existing connectors and be able to add/swap pickups or guitars. Which I think was the idea behind the original post.

I have made my own from the connectors used in model RC aircraft - not sure where they are from but I wasn't starting out with any connectors, so....

9. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
  10. Shadowy_Man

Shadowy_Man Gretschie

May 18, 2020
    Chicago
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.