Folk Rock in "A". Feel free to do something with this, add to it, use it for your own use...

Butch Ammon

Gretschie
Jan 3, 2016
Richmond, VA
As I wrote in Soundcloud...

This is me on my Fender Stratocaster playing rhythm in A, Bm, E, etc...
I play my Samick P-Bass copy, on another track...
I play my Yamaha DGX-505 full size keyboard on another track...
I play drums on another track, trying to match the rhythm guitar & bass.

Also, right after a verse or two, I go into a "bridge section" that I thought up off the top of my head: I go into C#m to D, back to C#m, to D, then to F#m, to Bm, and then finally to E, when I make the transition back to the key of A. At the same time, I switched the Yamaha keyboard into "Orchestra" and played a simple melody over the C#m progression, for a different flavor to the song. There is a "chorus" section where I go to "D", to "A", back to "D", to "E" (D formation chord - slide up 2 frets), back to "A", and finally "E", and "E7"....

What do you think? Feel free to download this, take it, do something with it. Add do it. Come up with lyrics. Come up with a melody or guitar part that would go with this.
From one musician to another, this is the gift that keeps giving! :)

Edit: 00:00 - 00:24 is basically an "intro". You can hear me do a simple tom tom drum pattern at 00:24, where the song's lyrics or melody or whatever would come in.

ButchABmEMixed by Butch Ammon (soundcloud.com)

Last edited:

Butch Ammon

Gretschie
Jan 3, 2016
Richmond, VA
Thank you... I was probably thinking of "I Shall Be Released" by Bob Dylan (but without the C#m chord in the progression). I added it later in the bridge section or maybe a chorus section. I don't know...

It needs a melody, and a few tasty guitar solos...