First world issue Amazon rant

scrimmer

Gretschie
Apr 6, 2019
North Carolina
So I haven’t ordered anything from the Bezos in quite awhile and decided to finally replace the nice Surefire GX2 flashlight I lost on a camping trip some time ago. Good thing the product itself is fairly indestructible and sealed in a blister pack.
This is exactly as I received it today.
Couldn’t they (or the robot) throw a few styrofoam peanuts or paper in there and at least made somewhat of an attempt? Geez 🙄

Attachments

• 626303FE-8304-4F01-95AF-144F2A2D0208.jpeg
    626303FE-8304-4F01-95AF-144F2A2D0208.jpeg
    241 KB · Views: 18

Emergence

Synchromatic
May 25, 2022
New York
I order nutraceuticals from Amazon. Every time I order they enroll me in a one month free trial of Amazon Prime which I drop after three weeks. There doesn’t seem to be a way not to enroll. I’ve on occasion ordered books too. Everything has arrived undamaged in a reasonable amount of time. I’m not a fan but they seem to do no worse and no better than other places I’ve shopped on line. It’s interesting though that I buy the first of everything in a store and I still like book stores where I can browse the shelves. You can’t browse on line, only parse through the advertising.

Last edited:

Powdog

Gretschie
Mar 15, 2012
Cool,CA
Ordered a brake controller and a universal wiring harness to pull my camper. Drop shipped from different locations of course. The controller arrived in three days, the wiring harness not expected for another two weeks. So now I’m sitting here…….waiting…….

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
So I haven’t ordered anything from the Bezos in quite awhile and decided to finally replace the nice Surefire GX2 flashlight I lost on a camping trip some time ago. Good thing the product itself is fairly indestructible and sealed in a blister pack.
This is exactly as I received it today.
Couldn’t they (or the robot) throw a few styrofoam peanuts or paper in there and at least made somewhat of an attempt? Geez 🙄
You'd think they'd have a smaller box, too.
No packing peanuts is actually a good thing.
They've made bubble wrap so it won't pop anymore---spoilsports.

Last edited:

Sabato

Country Gent
Mar 22, 2019
Massachusetts
About a year ago I read that Amazon was bringing in $10,000 a second, but the poor overworked and underpaid so&so that packed your box is probably not a stockholder.

Landshark2020

Gretschie
Sep 4, 2020
Here they have started to use padded envelopes for small items. Good idea IMO. No need to waste a box.
I disagree, they (and Target and Deep Discount) use padded envelopes to ship CD's and DVD's. 95% of the cd's arrive with cracked or smashed jewel cases. Its as if they don't care or are not trained correctly.
Recently bought a dining table from WayyyyyFAIR, Large solid wood table was shipped via Fed EX ground in a thin cardboard box with a 1/4" Styrofoam protector on each corner. By the time Fed EX was done manhandling it across the country, it shows up with 2 corners completely smashed. The table was basically worthless. I reported the issue and a replacement was immediately sent, not just the table but the 4 chairs as well. It arrives in the exact same box in the exact same condition,. smashed in 2 corners. Now I have 2 worthless LARGE tables and 8 chairs in my small condo. WF generously refunded all my money, but refused to accept the damaged goods, leaving it to me to dispose of them. Again, they just don't care or are not trained properly.

Gretschzilla

Gretschie
Apr 20, 2021
Saint Paul, MN USA
Amazon threw a package onto my freshly poured cement landing/front porch steps today. The bright yellow caution tape surrounding the porch must not have been obvious.

Amazon works their employees like abused mules. They wander out in the world, punch drunk from $hitty working conditions and unreasonable work loads.

No harm to the porch. The crew had just polished the surfaces after removing the forms. They were gone a few minutes when the Amazon driver tossed the package over the yellow caution tape. The surface wasn’t ready to be walked upon but didn’t get dented from the 5-lb box landing on it.

The ‘your package was delivered’ picture was hilarious. (OK, it actually gave me a minor heart attack when I got the email with the photo of the box on my newly poured cement.). The driver zoomed in on the box, not showing any of the yellow caution tape in the photo.

Rumors of a missing Amazon driver buried in my back yard are completely untrue.

Ricochet

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Nov 13, 2009
Monkey Island
My favorite Amazon packing story. I ordered a Snark tuner. It came in roughly the same size box as yours with a lot of bubble wrap.

I’m betting good money on it if they ship small pocket sized stuff in an appropriate sized box, will see a dramatic increase in “displaced” parcels... In fact I suspect that might be the reasoning behind the oversized packaging.

Latest posts