First practice in almost 7 months

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Bertotti, Oct 15, 2020 at 11:43 AM.

1. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Well since all this lockdown crap I have little to no time to play anything. Just work, work, and more work. Mostly at home to justify my job and get a lot of projects done, sadly that created many new ones. But today I finally got a chance to sit down and practice. Not the guitar but the mandolin nevertheless it was fun and it didn't take long to get some of what I lost back. I need to take at least ten minutes a day to do this. Very relaxing. I have noodled on guitar a bit but that is not practice. I'm not satisfied unless I make some form of progress.

radd, BFTmarshall, loudnlousy and 2 others like this.
  2. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Gretschified

Oct 18, 2015
    Germany
    I neglected my guitar-playing skills during the last 7 months to an extent that there are no callouses on my fingertips anymore.:(

Bertotti likes this.
  3. SAguitar

SAguitar Gretschie

Jan 17, 2020
    Oregon
    As a church musician, I have been fortunate to sort of keep going forward. We don't do live stuff anymore, but we have become a live stream church. Our big room looks a lot more like a TV studio than any kind of church at this point. But at least I get to see our band members every week, we're still learning some new songs and getting to play together. It is weird to just play before cameras, rather than people, but at least I'm still playing.

Bertotti likes this.
  4. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Ironically, I have played more often with our little band (outside, distanced, acoustic) than in the past because we can't do much else on weekends - with 2 kids for each of us, it was hard to find free time.

Also ironically, I have probably been playing less at home even though I am home all the time instead of in the office.

Bertotti likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.