First pedalboard

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by michelb, Apr 7, 2020.

1. DennisC

DennisC Synchromatic

May 11, 2017
    Germany
    This is ahead of me, too.

I'm actually not sure that I will buy a board, but maybe build one, I haven't welded anything in a while, but I like it and I could definitely use some practice in this, so I will start welding again doing things I wanna use myself (nothing to sell or give to anybody) and that are not crucial in anything regarding safety (like motorbike parts ... I can do that - although I don't have any welding licence or so -, did so and it might work out right from the restart, but I wanna be in practice and routine before I do so again ... safe or sorry?).

I'll post a thread then, don't wanna hijack this one...

Anyway ... having a bit of spare space, spare electric power, ... seems a good idea to me, as it isn't that unlikely that number or size of pedals could grow. Or both, or their arrangement can't follow the rule of tightest use of space, but they rather should be arranged to be operatable best.

2. michelb

michelb Gretschie

Mar 27, 2020
    Belgium
    Feel free to keep it in this thread, any and all info is useful ;)

(Also way off topic, can I pm you about some welding? I'm a trackday instructor and would like a lighter subframe for my cbr600rr racing bike :) Germany isn't too far ;) )

3. michelb

michelb Gretschie

Mar 27, 2020
    Belgium
  4. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    My Mystery Brain is 5 and 1/2 inches in width, and 4 and 1/2 inches top to bottom. Sorry you’ll have to convert to metric.

5. michelb

michelb Gretschie

Mar 27, 2020
    Belgium
    Ye, I already made a calculation, when I count all widths of the pedals I get 318 mm, I think the nano gives me about 5cm (50mm) room to connect the 4 pedal, which is about 2 inches. So I'll need something more like a nano+ in size. Thanks for the info tho. Was looking for a comparable pedal to position in the pedal planner.

They should consider putting nocturne pedals in their tool.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    Merc likes this.
  6. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Country Gent

Mar 6, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    Under "Misc Items" is a ruler that can be turned in different directions, but all you really need is width. I use about 0.75" clearance for most patch cables. It's like 0.4" for EBS flat patch given not power cable conflicts. Depending on the power jack used, you can gain back some space using a flat EBS power cable too. It's best to be generous with pedal spacing because their scaling is always off for the thousands of pedals they do offer.

michelb likes this.
  7. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    What did you do for that 1-2 years?

8. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
  9. GretschPraise

GretschPraise Gretschie

Jun 26, 2017
    Tampa Bay
    +1 on the Truetone One Spot Pro CS-6 Tony recommended, it's only 1" high and fit under my homemade pedal board. He's also right about aiming for one pedal more than you think you'll need (I'm on my 3rd iteration now)
    IMG_2312.jpg IMG_2314.jpg

Gregor, michelb, Merc and 1 other person like this.
  10. michelb

michelb Gretschie

Mar 27, 2020
    Belgium
    Ok , think I made up my mind :D Going for the Truetone One Spot Pro CS-6 in combo with the pedaltrain nano+ . Also gonna go for the "pedal board tape" instead of the hook side velcro that comes with the board, as recommended by the pedal show guys .

Looks comfortable on the planner. Thanks for all the help, tips and pointers, you guys are great. :)

upload_2020-4-8_9-22-16.png

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    BorderRadio, Gregor and JHowdy like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice