Firmware Update: Tone Master Deluxe Reverb

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by calebaaron666, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Runamok

Runamok Gretschie

Aug 25, 2017
    USA midwest
    Fender doesn’t support MacOs or iOS? Never occurred to me.
    May have to drop the Tone Masters off my “buy” list.

Snorre likes this.
  2. sleeperNY

sleeperNY Gretschie

Jun 18, 2008
    central NY
    The only upgrade for the twin is for the reverb.

Jim

Snorre likes this.
  3. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    Yes you get the option to just update the reverb, just update the bright cap, or update both.
    I did both & I’m pleased with the results.
    The reverb is now very controllable & if i use a drive pedal there’s no fizz or spikyness as before..

S.R.Cash, Snorre and calebaaron666 like this.
  4. I’m sure it does a Mac. I had one for years and had another one of their Gdec maps that plugged into it for updates. Its the iPad. It doesn’t shave a usb, and i dont know if and adaptor will get it to work.

Snorre likes this.
  5. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    Yes it supports a Mac but computer/laptop only not iOS iPhone or iPad..

Snorre and calebaaron666 like this.
  6. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Friend of Fred

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    You digging the update?!
    It definitely gets along better with pedals, right?
    I love my TM even more now.

Snorre and Trash Kidd like this.
  7. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    Oh yes!!! I’m loving the update! This great amp now sounds even greater!!!
    This is one seriously awesome amplifier!!!!

S.R.Cash, Snorre and calebaaron666 like this.
  8. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Yessir!
    Admittedly, I wasn’t happy with gain pedals thru it cuz I couldn’t get them to sound right. I figured it was more a Caleb problem than an amp problem. It wasn’t a big deal because I’d just turn up the volume!
    But now my Nocturne fluid drive in combo with my Mystery Brain is incredible! Still plenty of treble, but it’s controllable.
    In this new group I’m playing with we use a LOT of dynamics. I like to use the OD pedal for solos.
    Another thing I’m doing now is riding the master volume knob in the Falcon a LOT. Who knew?! Haha

With the Tarantula Brothers it was just me so I used my picking hand for dynamics. I never had the time during the songs to reach for the volume knob.

9. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    I’ve never really been into drive pedals.
    Mainly coz I’d never found one i liked that didn’t change my sound too much.
    I got the EH East River Drive pedal a couple of months back & I’m liking it a lot. It’s pretty much transparent so doesn’t change my tone at all.
    In the past I’ve mainly used master volume amps but my TM Deluxe Reverb as ya’ll know isn’t. So the East River Drive just gives me that on the edge of tube break up sound..
    I’ve also put a Marshall Guv’nor 2 pedal on my board for slightly dirtier sounds..
    All seems to be working well & getting me were i wanna be sound wise..

Snorre and Waxhead like this.
  10. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    man you got me excited about something I dont have .....yet

Trash Kidd and calebaaron666 like this.
  11. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Yet!
    E6976264-3C70-41D1-88F1-E3120AE5527E.gif

capnhiho and TV the Wired Turtle like this.
  12. Snorre

Snorre Country Gent

Feb 12, 2009
    Walkersville, MD
    I did the Reverb firmware update for my TM Twin. Easy instructions. The USB port under the amp chassis is not ideal for folks with less than 1ft usb cables. I had to have the amp in my lap sideways to connect to my computer's usb strip (external from the computer that sits on my desk). However, I'm ready now for any future updates as I bought 3 10ft micro usb cables from Amazon. :)

The reverb control taper works better for the lower settings (1 - 4) as described.

The TM also helped me realize I have a serious hum issue when connected to my pedalboard. It's pretty pronounced with the TM. The hum is not as bad with my tube amps but it's still there. When plugged straight into both the TM Twin and my '62 Bassman, with single-coil guitars and hum-cancelling pickup guitars, no hum whatsoever. I'll have to hop over to the pedal pusher forum for guidance. :confused: First, though, I'll start removing each pedal and see if it's due to one or more pedals.

13. Shadowy_Man

Shadowy_Man Gretschie

May 18, 2020
    Chicago
    Sounds awesome! I'm getting mine in the next week or so. We'll see if I feel the need to update the firmware.

Trash Kidd likes this.
  14. BCRatRod73

BCRatRod73 Gretschie

Sep 1, 2020
    Mississippi
    I've heard only great reviews about those Tonemasters. I like how lightweight they are. If you've ever picked up a Twin Reverb you will be pleasantly surprised by the TM Twin.
    The Mustang GT 100 I had came with a '65 Twin patch. It was one of my favorites.
    I do want one of these TM Twins but for the money I'd have to give serious consideration to the Roland Blues Cube Artist 1x12. The ability to drop in a Robben Ford capsule would push me in that direction.

15. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    someone want to trade a blonde twin toward an FBOMB? :)

Snorre likes this.
  16. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    I did the update for the reverb only as I like the bright cap. The reverb is definitely got a broader sweep and is easier to get just right.

I am also a fan of the East River Drive and both my boards have one. A great smooth sound that cleans right up as you roll off the volume and a drive that cuts through the mix without being obnoxious.

Trash Kidd likes this.
  17. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    They are a lightweight C12K. Very little difference in their tone. I replaced mine because my ears don't much like C12Ks. What can I say?

18. Robbie

Robbie Friend of Fred

Jun 17, 2013
    Sarnia Ontario Canada
    I don’t know if I’ll do any updates but I am interested in them. I will say, and keep in mind this is from a guy that doesn’t like drive pedals, I get pretty much exactly the amount of “hair” I want running my TMD at 12 watts and riding my guitars volume control.

19. Shadowy_Man

Shadowy_Man Gretschie

May 18, 2020
    Chicago
    So mine arrived yesterday. I spent several hours with it stock. I figured out I preferred the sound of the normal channel, and the reverb was far too cavernous (at least at the low watt setting that works for me), so I did the bright cap/reverb updates. Very nice!

20. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Nice! Congrats!
    Yeah, I think it sounds much much better after the bright cap mod.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.