Firmware Update: Tone Master Deluxe Reverb

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by calebaaron666, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    I find that I miss the bright cap on my ‘68 CDR.

Snorre and calebaaron666 like this.
  2. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Friend of Fred

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Not me.
    If I didn’t use preamp pedals I wouldn’t mind it, but I find that drive pedals sound fizzy and unwanted with the bright cap. As if it’s fighting them.
    That’s one of the reasons I sprung for the 68 reissue instead of the 65.

Snorre likes this.
  3. Randy99CL

Randy99CL Country Gent

Feb 17, 2020
    Albuquerque
    I love the LT25 I bought this past January.
    Fender upgraded the software a couple of months ago so you should check to ensure you've got the latest version.
    https://support.fender.com/hc/en-us...ate-the-Firmware-on-the-Mustang-LT-amplifier-

The Tone software is fantastic and runs great on my Windows 10 system. The latest software gives you 130 factory (modifiable) presets and 60 memory positions for your own.

Snorre likes this.
  4. 64ChevSS

64ChevSS Gretschie

Dec 24, 2016
    Innisfil, Ontario
    Do your have to adjust the bias after a firmware update?

Snorre, capnhiho, mrcoffee23 and 3 others like this.
  5. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Maybe just one’s personal biases :)

Snorre, capnhiho, Waxhead and 2 others like this.
  6. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Sounds like you're really enjoying both versions of your Deluxe, Congrats!

But now you've got me wanting to try one out!

7. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Nice! My gripe about the Spark and some other music devices is that some still use that old printer style USB connector (square with two corners trimmed). A brand new cutting edge product using a 30-year old connector. luckily i have one from my old printer. I would pay the extra penny for a USB-C!

Snorre likes this.
  8. Byron

Byron Synchromatic

Sep 4, 2009
    uk
    Thanks for that Randy! Does it give you access to those extra presets that are above 30? I use the rockabilly and surf settings, I'd love to be able to adjust those. Plus, do you get any extra amp models?

Snorre and Randy99CL like this.
  9. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    Update done on my TM Deluxe Reverb!
    Only took a few mins.
    The reverb is definitely more controllable..
    Not much time right now, so I’ll put it through it’s paces later on to try the bright cap update with drive pedals etc..

GlenP, Snorre and calebaaron666 like this.
  10. Randy99CL

Randy99CL Country Gent

Feb 17, 2020
    Albuquerque
    Have you downloaded and played with the software yet? You can adjust everything! It is amazing how easy and fast it is to use. Just watch the video I linked to above, you can click on every amp or pedal and adjust every knob and switch.

Before it had 30 presets with another 20 that were hidden? Now under "My Amp Presets" it has those same 1-30 plus 31-60 that are blank memory slots. Then "Factory Presets" has 100 more and you can modify any or all of those as you like and then rename and save them, it's incredible. When not plugged into a computer you have access to the 60 memory slots.

I don't know if they added any more amps but it has about 30 already? Plenty to choose from, I think.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    Snorre likes this.
  11. Byron

Byron Synchromatic

Sep 4, 2009
    uk
    I tried, but my Mac and laptop aren't new enough. Planning on updating soon so that won't be a problem. So we get 1-30, do you still her the 'hidden 20'.... I'd hate to lose the rockabilly preset.

Snorre likes this.
  12. wildeman

wildeman I Bleed Orange

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    I think you need to put a few bricks in the bottom of the cab, more of an authentic vibe, you know?:D

Snorre, capnhiho and calebaaron666 like this.
  13. Randy99CL

Randy99CL Country Gent

Feb 17, 2020
    Albuquerque
    The 20 hidden presets are gone but they added 100 in the software that are not in the amp. I would just save your current rockabilly preset in slots 1-30 and you should be good.

Number 71 of the new 100 is called "Rock A Billy" and uses a '50s Fender Twin (tweed) amp with a generic echo and Fender Small Room reverb in post.

See how cool the software (win10 version) looks:
    Fender Rock A Billy.jpg

Snorre likes this.
  14. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Sweet!

Snorre and Trash Kidd like this.
  15. wildeman

wildeman I Bleed Orange

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    I have to say I'm a little curious about the N12k speakers in those, 4 1/2 lbs for a 100w 12" is crazy. I would try some in my Twin, its STUPID heavy with those SRO's, sounds awesome but if i could knock of 30 or 40 lbs, hmm........
    Yep, the EV spec for an SRO 12" is 19 lbs!
    Yikes, $259.00 apiece.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    Snorre likes this.
  16. stiv

stiv Country Gent

Sep 12, 2014
    Florence, Italy
    Caleb, is the update featuring also the ‘adjustments’ to the new Blonde’s Creambacks? Is it something that work with the standard speakers as well?

17. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    I only have the standard speaker. I believe it’ll work with the new ones, but I’d refer to the website.

Snorre likes this.
  18. chikubi

chikubi Electromatic

Mar 14, 2018
    home
    The current update is for the standard models. According to the Fender employee posting over at TGP, the firmware that the new Blondes uses with the Creambacks will be released at an undetermined date in the future. You will be able to use it in a standard model if you ever decide to add Creambacks on your own to the standard amps.

Snorre and stiv like this.
  19. Snorre

Snorre Country Gent

Feb 12, 2009
    Walkersville, MD
    Thanks for all the great info and feedback. I’m expecting the Tone Master Twin Reverb with the Celestion Creambacks on Monday (it might possibly be out for delivery tomorrow- fingers crossed!).

I can’t wait! :)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    calebaaron666 and Trash Kidd like this.
  20. S.R.Cash

S.R.Cash Gretschie

Aug 29, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    I use the tiniest bit of overdrive, and only about 5% of the time, maybe. But a more usable reverb would be terrific for tiny adjustments. Can you just update the Reverb and nothing else? I find using my Holy Grail for reverb makes for better tweaking than the amp, but would this mod be better yet?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.