Falling Apart

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by stevo, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Viking Power

Viking Power Synchromatic

Jun 11, 2018
    Mountlake Terrace, WA
    I won’t try to prescribe a treatment for you but want you to know that you can and will find a solution. Stay strong and Keep searching.

stevo likes this.
  2. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Gretschified

Oct 18, 2015
    Germany
    After many losses of close friends and familymembers my wife is suffering heavily from borderline and depressions. It is unbearable for her and us. Sadly she will not accept any therapy so things get worse every week.

So your first step (to counsel an expert) is the right one. These are problems that cannot be solved by the patient. They need a doctor. Same thing as a broken leg.

You would be surprised how many people suffer from anxiety- and panic attacks. (Even my father - a man like a German oak- develloped that illnes after years suffering from problems with his heart.)

So keep your head above the surface of the water, friend.
    If you got medical help you will feel better, soon. Believe me.
    Sending positive vibes over the pond right into your heart.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  3. AllenK

AllenK Gretschie

Sorry to hear what you have been going through.

Reaching out is good. A therapist/counsellor you get on with, from my experience, certainly can help.

Hang in there. The tide will turn.

stevo likes this.
  4. stevo

stevo Friend of Fred

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    Too many deaths and losses is what is weighing on me. You can't discount the impact of this. My wife gave me a klonopin this afternoon because I was really wigging out. I can't tell you how amazing the effect was. It was literally that or take me to Peachford mental health hospital. That's how bad I was. So please encourage her to get some help. I'm amazed how you can take one 1mg pill that calms your anxiety and suddenly, you can function. 1mg!

5. Jerzey Bob

Jerzey Bob Synchromatic

Apr 3, 2021
    North Jersey
    Yup, & might be legal in your state if the THC version isn't. And I 2nd buying from a reputable source.

Archtops likes this.
  6. Jerzey Bob

Jerzey Bob Synchromatic

Apr 3, 2021
    North Jersey
    Archtops likes this.
  7. Archtops

Archtops Country Gent

Mar 4, 2021
    SoCal
    Great advice from all. A lot of us have been there and still are. Need medical or meds help. Best of luck!

stevo likes this.
  8. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Im glad you could start your sharing with us and like others said therapsists are like compressors just because you didn't like the first one you tried doesn't mean there isn't out there for you. Likw any other professional or person that you become close with, it has to be the right fit. Best of luck.

pmac11 and stevo like this.
  9. stevo

stevo Friend of Fred

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    Jerzey Bob likes this.
  10. Jerzey Bob

Jerzey Bob Synchromatic

Apr 3, 2021
    North Jersey
    np, Bro.

11. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    I'm so sorry to hear that, Stevo. You are definitely not alone in this. Every day in my office I see people struggling with anxiety, depression and other mental health issues. This has always existed but has been exacerbated by the events of the last 18 months. Admitting it and asking for help takes a lot of courage, especially for men who are conditioned to show no sign of weakness. (The best book about male depression is called I Don't Want to Talk About It.) Most effective treatment is talk therapy combined with medication. Supportive friends and family go a long way too. I appreciate you reaching out here and I can assure you there's a supportive community behind you.

Craig Encinitas and stevo like this.
  12. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    @stevo It's good that you're talking about it. Eventually you'll tell yourself what's bothering you and you'll feel a whole lot better. You're not alone brother!

For years I would get irrationally angry when packing the car, and this is not a good thing when traveling with a young family.

It took a long time to realize why packing made me angry... When I was a teenager, my mom would have me pack the station wagon (remember those?) for weekend trips so we'd be ready to go when dad got home from work. When he got home he'd always unpack it all and put it back in in a different arrangement. Seems 20 years later I was still processing that. But once I said it out loud it never bothered my again.

Good luck. Keep faith in yourself.

Craig Encinitas, Archtops and stevo like this.
  13. stevo

stevo Friend of Fred

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta

pmac11 likes this.
  14. TomK

TomK Electromatic

Nov 18, 2020
    Chicagoland
    Just know that people are rooting for you.

Craig Encinitas and stevo like this.
  15. DougWheeler74

DougWheeler74 Gretschie

Jul 10, 2019
    NE Wisconsin, US
    Not much that I can add that hasn't been said. However, remember that you do not walk alone. There are those ahead of you showing the way, those that will follow that you show the way to and those that are beside you, joining you or just there for you. . A lot of pain and bravery has been shown in this thread already. All the best to you and your journey.

Archtops and stevo like this.
  16. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    Anxiety and panic attacks can destroy happiness. I've been dealing with it on and off for years. These past two years have been difficult for millions of people around the world because of lock downs, mask wearing, cancelled jobs and the non stop talk about covid 19 and deaths. I've found that taking a long walk, run, bike ride everyday helps relieve stress. Stop watching news because it's become a broken record. There's nothing new it's the same old **** night after night and it wears on people. Do things that you love to do and keep busy. Watching TV is the worst thing you can do unless you're watching a live concert of your favorite bands. Go for the appointment tomorrow but let drugs be a last resort.

17. Floo

Floo Country Gent

Dec 16, 2012
    Elmshorn, Germany
    I think about all has been said on this topic, but if it helps, I'll say it once again: you're not alone.
    Visit the doctor, take the bicycle and go for a one-hour ride as fast as you can, talk to your wife. At least that's what helped me in difficult times not too long ago.
    We're here to help you if you need us.

stevo likes this.
  18. Rusty Silver

Rusty Silver Synchromatic

Stevo I'm really sorry for your difficult situation and I really understand how difficult it could be to face it. Sometimes I have hard times with myself. Bad feelings in my mind and bad relationships with other people. Sad heart and soul. Those times almost everything looks at me bad and wrong. No sleep at night, so the day after becomes difficult to do everything. Till now I never went to a doctor (even if my wife says i'd have to go) and everytime it happens I try to add some positive thinking and to find a balance inside. I feel really lucky because it doesn't happen so often. When it happens, walking by myself, tryng to keep my mind free, helps me a lot. That's just me and just to share my own experience.

stevo likes this.
  19. stevo

stevo Friend of Fred

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    thanks man. I usually find that I have to walk to relieve some of the restlessness. And for me TV has helped but only is we watch uplifting and happy shows like Ted Lasso. And sooo true about news. It’s just poison. Acid even. I’ll check headlines for some new event, but that’s about it. Right now, it’s very hard to enjoy music.

20. Jerzey Bob

Jerzey Bob Synchromatic

Apr 3, 2021
    North Jersey
    When I went thru some dark days, I wasn't into playing for a while also. thought something was wrong w/ me. Then I found out Jimmy Page didn't even touch a guitar for 6 months after Bonzo passed. All of a sudden, I was inspired to play again. Finding that out normalized what I was feeling. I'm wondering if there's something that's affected you lately to bring this on. No need to bring it up here, but, just a thought.

ruger9 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.