Electromatics Played Professionally

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by Anni_Lover, Sep 6, 2021.

1. manunk

manunk Gretschie

Great thread...stole a couple of licks here. Just came off the SG forum...similar thread there this morning. Thanks...great day to be a guitar player.

2. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Can't find any video but the rhythm guitarist for a local band called The 4onthefloor played a 5120 and an Electro Jet when we saw them.

Here's 2 great tunes by them. Gretsch bass in the second one.

3. Marv666

Marv666 Gretschie

Jul 26, 2020
    Germany
    2 friends of mine come immediately to my mind...
    Rene from the Brains used a heavily modified 5120 (mainly for touring europe i believe)

and Panu from Graveyard Bashers plays a 5420 and a modded rat rod

4. Alanqa

Alanqa Gretschie

Aug 22, 2019
    Lancashire UK
    Royal blood use G2220 bass

5. Marko Milas

Marko Milas Newbie

Apr 2, 2020
    Croatia
    Hozier uses a G5265 Electromatic Jet Baritone - I'm 90% sure he has two identical ones in black sparkle, one obviously being a spare for live shows. To my eyes the guitar looks unmodded, which, along with the fact that he still uses it for several songs during every live show, speaks about the quality of the Electromatic range.

[​IMG]

Anni_Lover, drmilktruck and mrfixitmi like this.
  6. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    While Sinead O'Connor only seems to play at playing the Gretsch baritone horn, her guitarist did in fact play the 6119 (at least in some live videos I've seen of her).

Anni_Lover likes this.
  7. petecarlton

petecarlton Electromatic

Feb 10, 2021
    Nottingham, UK
    But he really needs a haircut!

8. petecarlton

petecarlton Electromatic

Feb 10, 2021
    Nottingham, UK
    I realise we've moved on since the OP started this, but the most popular (and exciting) use of an Electromatic in recent times has been Mike Kerr of Royal Blood, who used to play hsi G2210 Electromatic Jet Junior short-scale bass through three - yes, three - amps until he was bought out by Fender (now using a Jaguar). Here is bieng interviewed by Howard Stern:

Anni_Lover likes this.
  9. Anni_Lover

Anni_Lover Synchromatic

Jul 17, 2009
    New Zealand
    There are so many really cool bands posted in this thread. I couldn't get over Mike Kerr in the video above. I kept wondering where the "other guitar" was. Now I've been introduced to some really new music.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.