Electromatic G5125/Rat Rod G5410T TRC

oprez

Electromatic
Dec 6, 2021
Ireland
Hi lads. I own a G5125 for which I bought a custom truss rod cover (I name my guitars). So I have a Rat Rod G5410T coming from Germany and have a custom truss rod cover for that in my basket ready to go. The guitar is slow about getting here and I'm getting impatient and want to buy that truss rod cover before the guitar gets here. Can anyone confirm that the truss rod cover on both guitars are identical in shape/dimensions/screw hole placement etc.? Thank you.

oprez

Electromatic
Dec 6, 2021
Ireland
Howaya JC. Thanks for the welcome. It's a right pain in the arse waiting for it. I've never tracked anything as much only to come over with a big sense of gloom very time hahaha.

BrianW

Country Gent
Oct 21, 2014
Vancouver Island
Howaya JC. Thanks for the welcome. It's a right pain in the arse waiting for it. I've never tracked anything as much only to come over with a big sense of gloom very time hahaha.

Sorry I can't help with the truss rod cover, but I do feel your pita factor waiting for shipping. Not guitar related but I ordered something recently from Australia (I am in Canada) without realizing they had pretty much shut down all non resident travel. Very few flights out, so my item has been sitting "cleared, waiting for departure" for a while now. My own fault for not checking I guess, but thats not helping....

cheers

oprez

Electromatic
Dec 6, 2021
Ireland
Sorry I can't help with the truss rod cover, but I do feel your pita factor waiting for shipping. Not guitar related but I ordered something recently from Australia (I am in Canada) without realizing they had pretty much shut down all non resident travel. Very few flights out, so my item has been sitting "cleared, waiting for departure" for a while now. My own fault for not checking I guess, but thats not helping....

cheers
Well it's arrived in Ireland! Now to wait til it arrives at my house! I'm like a child at Christmas. Well I suppose it IS Christmas hahaha. Yeah the Australian postal system has gone down the drain. Off topic too but Brexit and the new customs rules has had a detrimental effect on post all around the EU.

BrianW

Country Gent
Oct 21, 2014
Vancouver Island
Well it's arrived in Ireland! Now to wait til it arrives at my house! I'm like a child at Christmas. Well I suppose it IS Christmas hahaha. Yeah the Australian postal system has gone down the drain. Off topic too but Brexit and the new customs rules has had a detrimental effect on post all around the EU.

"In country" is progress !

oprez

Electromatic
Dec 6, 2021
Ireland
IMG_20211213_165531824_HDR.jpg Thanks lads. Here it is side by side with my old G5125 Electromatic which I'll wall mount horizontally in the man cave. The cream piping around the headstock and f holes was done with a paint marker and a steady hand. As for the Rat Rod...I'll swap out the strings for D'Addario Flatwound Chromes. Not as bend-friendly as the stock strings but I just prefer the tone from the Chromes.

Henry

I Bleed Orange
Apr 9, 2014
Petaluma
View attachment 172311 Thanks lads. Here it is side by side with my old G5125 Electromatic which I'll wall mount horizontally in the man cave. The cream piping around the headstock and f holes was done with a paint marker and a steady hand. As for the Rat Rod...I'll swap out the strings for D'Addario Flatwound Chromes. Not as bend-friendly as the stock strings but I just prefer the tone from the Chromes.
They look great. If you haven't, maybe try Thomastik flats, they bend decently.

Latest posts