DynaSonic Pickups

Emergence

Synchromatic
May 25, 2022
New York
What a great review of pickups. They were played clean to clean on the edge of breakup with no ear piercing distortion. Pickup upgrades are wonderful. Don’t be afraid to go against the grain. I replaced humbuckers in my Gibson SG with TV Jones Classic and Classic Plus pickups and would never look back. Dynasonics in a Telecaster. I’d never have thought of that but they sound awesome.

Last edited:

NJDevil

Country Gent
Jul 9, 2014
Commack, NY
I'm swapping out my Lollar P90s in my Edwards LP and grabbing either Seymour Duncan Dynas or a set of T-Armonds. I really love that glassy "fullness" of tone in a solid body.

stiv

Country Gent
Sep 12, 2014
Firenze, Italy
I have a set of mid ‘00 Dynas in gold that apparently no one in Italy wants. They’ve been on the aftermarket for ages, not a single offer.
This video made me think that my old Kay would probably like them. 😉

BohemianLikeMe

Synchromatic
Apr 18, 2020
Prague, CZ
I have a set of mid ‘00 Dynas in gold that apparently no one in Italy wants. They’ve been on the aftermarket for ages, not a single offer.
This video made me think that my old Kay would probably like them. 😉
Someone here has a pair of T-Armonds that have suffered a similar fate. You can be forgotten pickup buddies, Stiv! 😂

Merc

Friend of Fred
May 6, 2017
Florida
I was torn between the SD staple and TA’s for the longest time. A friend who’s tried both recently convinced me to go with T-Armond since there’s not a significant difference for the price. GI’ve got a set on of soap bar mount for my Korina Offset Tele on order. Of course some routing may be needed. If I remember reading right years ago, I believe TV may have even had the original magnets analyzed and are built to match. Unless I’m confusing it with his FTs. Either way, should sound stellar.

Uncle Daddy

Friend of Fred
Jan 19, 2012
Maldon UK
I was torn between the SD staple and TA’s for the longest time. A friend who’s tried both recently convinced me to go with T-Armond since there’s not a significant difference for the price. GI’ve got a set on of soap bar mount for my Korina Offset Tele on order. Of course some routing may be needed. If I remember reading right years ago, I believe TV may have even had the original magnets analyzed and are built to match. Unless I’m confusing it with his FTs. Either way, should sound stellar.

I have the T-Armonds in my Jet; they are way more middy than the Tele at the top.

P1020302.JPG

Stefan87

Country Gent
May 20, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
I'm swapping out my Lollar P90s in my Edwards LP and grabbing either Seymour Duncan Dynas or a set of T-Armonds. I really love that glassy "fullness" of tone in a solid body.
The video for T-Armond's on the TVJ website is of them in soapbar mount in a LP and man does it sound awesome, in regards to SD vs TJ out of all the sound clips I've heard I do hear a difference, there are also a few members here that have tried both that could give an opinion on that too if you were really torn.

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
Dynasonics are great. I’ve always thought of them as being a slightly beefier version of the Tele sound. I played Surf on a Dynasonic Jet, and felt that it sounded better than the average Fender, for that genre.

NJDevil

Country Gent
Jul 9, 2014
Commack, NY
The video for T-Armond's on the TVJ website is of them in soapbar mount in a LP and man does it sound awesome, in regards to SD vs TJ out of all the sound clips I've heard I do hear a difference, there are also a few members here that have tried both that could give an opinion on that too if you were really torn.
Thanks for letting me know about the video and will definitely check it out. A member of the The Gretsch Pages (the site currently not working) recorded a great shoot out between SD Dynas and T-Armonds with a 2 Duo Jets. I remember liking both which then reminded me of Les Paul playing his Gibson in the mid '50s with the Dynas. I loved Les' tone with that setup.

blueruins

Country Gent
May 28, 2013
Savannah, GA
Dynasonics are great. I’ve always thought of them as being a slightly beefier version of the Tele sound. I played Surf on a Dynasonic Jet, and felt that it sounded better than the average Fender, for that genre.
I’ve intended to put a set in my Jet for years. Gonna have to do that next year if I can stop buying guitars I don’t need.