DV Mark Gen15 15W Tube amplifier.

Roy Clark

Synchromatic
Jun 16, 2017
Bat cave.
OK so I know this is not the amplifier section. But I wanted everyone to see it and the post. I found out a long time ago about the brand and always wanted one of the amplifiers. I love DV Mark amplifiers . They are some of the best sleeper amplifiers on the market. ;)

So I found a DV Mark Gen 15w tube amplifier. I discovered this model along time ago. I love all the DV Mark products. This look like a small Fender baby amplifier. And now I'm wanting one. Here is some info. Copied and pasted from the web site.

The DV GEN 15 is an addictive 15W class A all-tube head of DV Mark Silver Generation Series, that will charm you with its vintage personality, incredible headroom (more than expected from a 15W amp) and impress you with its amazing full sound-tone, its versatility, feel and reliable performance.
The controls of the DV GEN 15 are simple and very effective. It features the same cutting-edge technology, build quality and top-quality components as in our bigger heads, offering a wide range of tonal colors. This amp features the next generation of digital reverb, it's sweet-sounding, warm and natural.
All-tube heads have always been heavy, the DV GEN 15 allows you to get a killer valve-tone at a fraction of the weight you'd expect… it only weights 12.57 lbs. (5.7 Kg). Ideal for recording, rehearsing, club gigs and more!
The Dual Voltage Switch 120V/240V allows to use the amp in countries with different voltages!

So I have watched the video on them a lot. More than 4 times. So has anyone owned or played one of these amplifiers? And what did you think of it?

IcMO5lH8xUlCA21DOIra-6rf4Kn1PliliXleYocbdsFCNRo55h70jALxIGlfsMAfzr0sCRi1BIuR4w0MouMcuFNO44MLFyI_SnvepMbM6_bKsgpL_92U5208tLBfX2MLiTBHSxyffEnekFzWgoWCqGn0vHHBm1Tob7ngyD571_BUNhZO6OEOGy-LsUAFt_F5YB94asgLUlzBEkuZGObkgLLgG4BsihlNnbel1yD0vR8-

csm_DV_Mark_DV_GEN_15_010FIN_679c9f07f5.jpg

dv-mark-15w-class-a-all-tube-guitar-head-17648115_1024x1024.jpg

J24653000000000-00-500x500.jpg

Ricochet

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 13, 2009
Monkey Island
I’m much more interested in their solid state Micro series or the Eric Gales signature model with pre amp tube.
This one sounds a bit generic to me, and what is with the big arse ugly badges on the front weave? It already says DV Mark on the front panel.

Bertotti

Gretschified
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
Seems to me to be a lot of personal preference. In listening to that link I would be more inclined to chase a Winfield cyclone. I have the Typhon and it is an incredible little amp! I don't know the cost though so that could be a deciding factor as well. If you like it and the price is reasonable go for it.

Bertotti

Gretschified
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
I think the DV is in the 500$ range for the head? If so I would look at some others as well. Like my personal favorite the Vox Nighttrain. I don't prefer using youtube vids but it's a start.

Used on Reverb you're looking at something in this price range. I have thought of adding a second at one time but went with the Typhoon which is cool with the NT in stereo.

https://reverb.com/p/vox-night-train-nt15h

Bertotti

Gretschified
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
Just because I can here is the Typhoon since I brought it up. Only 5 watts the cyclone is 15 the Nighttrain is switchable between 7.5 and 15.

5 watts isn't bad, and can be mic'd or put through something like the Fryette for more power.

I think there are a fair few other 15watt el84 amps out there to consider as well. A Mesa TA 15 would cover a lot of ground as well. But the price depends on where you are. They can be difficult to get your hands on in some places.

Roy Clark

Synchromatic
Jun 16, 2017
Bat cave.
Seems to me to be a lot of personal preference. In listening to that link I would be more inclined to chase a Winfield cyclone. I have the Typhon and it is an incredible little amp! I don't know the cost though so that could be a deciding factor as well. If you like it and the price is reasonable go for it.
Cost is 483.99. Cheap and sounds nice.

Bertotti

Gretschified
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
OK so I know this is not the amplifier section. But I wanted everyone to see it and the post. I found out a long time ago about the brand and always wanted one of the amplifiers. I love DV Mark amplifiers . They are some of the best sleeper amplifiers on the market. ;)

So I found a DV Mark Gen 15w tube amplifier. I discovered this model along time ago. I love all the DV Mark products. This look like a small Fender baby amplifier. And now I'm wanting one. Here is some info. Copied and pasted from the web site.

The DV GEN 15 is an addictive 15W class A all-tube head of DV Mark Silver Generation Series, that will charm you with its vintage personality, incredible headroom (more than expected from a 15W amp) and impress you with its amazing full sound-tone, its versatility, feel and reliable performance.
The controls of the DV GEN 15 are simple and very effective. It features the same cutting-edge technology, build quality and top-quality components as in our bigger heads, offering a wide range of tonal colors. This amp features the next generation of digital reverb, it's sweet-sounding, warm and natural.
All-tube heads have always been heavy, the DV GEN 15 allows you to get a killer valve-tone at a fraction of the weight you'd expect… it only weights 12.57 lbs. (5.7 Kg). Ideal for recording, rehearsing, club gigs and more!
The Dual Voltage Switch 120V/240V allows to use the amp in countries with different voltages!

So I have watched the video on them a lot. More than 4 times. So has anyone owned or played one of these amplifiers? And what did you think of it?

IcMO5lH8xUlCA21DOIra-6rf4Kn1PliliXleYocbdsFCNRo55h70jALxIGlfsMAfzr0sCRi1BIuR4w0MouMcuFNO44MLFyI_SnvepMbM6_bKsgpL_92U5208tLBfX2MLiTBHSxyffEnekFzWgoWCqGn0vHHBm1Tob7ngyD571_BUNhZO6OEOGy-LsUAFt_F5YB94asgLUlzBEkuZGObkgLLgG4BsihlNnbel1yD0vR8-

csm_DV_Mark_DV_GEN_15_010FIN_679c9f07f5.jpg

dv-mark-15w-class-a-all-tube-guitar-head-17648115_1024x1024.jpg

J24653000000000-00-500x500.jpg

Did you ever get a chance to try one or buy one? I’m curious of your thoughts on it. Ona. side note I did buy my Typhoon chassis only which was less than the cort. Not sure if that is still an option but it was a very cost effective option at the time!

NJDevil

Country Gent
Jul 9, 2014
Commack, NY
Did you ever get a chance to try one or buy one? I’m curious of your thoughts on it. Ona. side note I did buy my Typhoon chassis only which was less than the cort. Not sure if that is still an option but it was a very cost effective option at the time!
@Roy Clark - I too am interested in seeing if you ever picked one up.....there isn't much on these amps. Right now I am serious on a Winffield....al of them actually because they just seem like quality. If I had to make a choice this very moment, it would be the Typhoon combo with the 12" Celestion.

Bertotti

Gretschified
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
@Roy Clark - I too am interested in seeing if you ever picked one up.....there isn't much on these amps. Right now I am serious on a Winffield....al of them actually because they just seem like quality. If I had to make a choice this very moment, it would be the Typhoon combo with the 12" Celestion.
Head cab fan myself. Bought the chassis only and will put it in a home built cab shortly then add speaker flavor of the day!

Roy Clark

Synchromatic
Jun 16, 2017
Bat cave.
No I did not. That model is hard to find. I'm in America by the way a southern country boy.

Latest posts