Dream car or Bike

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Merc, May 4, 2020.

1. Sabato

Sabato Country Gent

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    Of course, flubber was a pretty good aviation fuel:
    [​IMG]

2. Sabato

Sabato Country Gent

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    And Doc Brown didn't need roads:
    [​IMG]

bhatta, Tadhg and JC higgy like this.
  3. afire

afire Country Gent

[​IMG]
    I may have to retract this statement. This past weekend he brought it up to my parents house and insisted that I take it for a drive. The double clutching when upshifting actually wasn't hard to get used to. Downshifting is tricky, but I successfully did it a couple of times. I think I could get the hang of it pretty quickly. And I have to admit, it's a fun and totally different driving experience.

With that in mind, my current dream car is a 1927 Bugatti Type 35 replica made by Pur Sang in Argentina. These are not approximations, but built from the ground up exactly as the originals. Same engine, same chassis, same controls, same everything except a few minor tweaks that save on maintenance, but don't affect the driving experience. They're like going back in time and purchasing a real Type 35 in brand new condition.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sabato, DennisC and JC higgy like this.
  4. Sabato

Sabato Country Gent

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    JC higgy likes this.
  5. JC higgy

JC higgy Gretschified

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Sabato likes this.
  6. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa Cruz
    I will say it again, it just might be the most beautiful car I have ever seen.

D444EAD7-3D9A-4C77-A5F9-F68230349FE5.jpeg

7. JT19

JT19 Gretschie

Nov 28, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Love it! My Challenger has kept me smiling for 8 years now.

[​IMG]

8. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    Hey, time flies FAST in Torred!

Sweet ride.

9. GuzziTom

GuzziTom Electromatic

Jun 17, 2020
    Spain
    I did not know that there was a section in this forum to put photos about our motor hobbies, thanks to "JC higgy" who was the one who told me, here I leave you a photo of my Guzzi:

upload_2020-6-22_21-19-14.png

bhatta, DennisC, MTurner and 3 others like this.
  10. Sabato

Sabato Country Gent

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    Not really a dream car, but interesting:
    [​IMG]

11. JC higgy

JC higgy Gretschified

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    How about the mad Citroen GT concept!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sabato likes this.
  12. JC higgy

JC higgy Gretschified

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    What about a mini Countach! I'd have loved one of these as wee lad!:cool:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DennisC likes this.
  13. Sabato

Sabato Country Gent

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    I loved Torinos, this Nascar version is Hot
    [​IMG]

14. Sabato

Sabato Country Gent

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    Or this
    [​IMG]
    Reuben Allender, a Canadian businessman, created the Chevy El Morocco. He was impressed by his Chevy Bel Air and decided to tweak it a little. His dream was to build his own car, and he was a long-time Cadillac fan. Allender made somewhat of a Frankenstein’s monster car. For example, he replaced the Chevy grille with an aluminum egg crate.

He added scoop moldings on the rear, stock parts wherever possible, Dodge headlights, Dodge taillights, and a Frazer horn button, among other changes. He produced twenty of these cars, but, even though it was less expensive than a Cadillac, he never made a profit.

JC higgy likes this.
  15. JC higgy

JC higgy Gretschified

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Then there's this,the 789

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sabato likes this.
  16. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa Cruz
    That is wild looking

C0CFE7C8-35D1-4EAC-81C3-DAA334708054.jpeg

17. JC higgy

JC higgy Gretschified

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Unveiled yesterday ,just 19 will be built ,and they are already sold!

Lamborghini Sian Roadster

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. DennisC

DennisC Country Gent

May 11, 2017
    Germany
    Hm ... I never really could get newer Lamborghinis. The Miura, Countach, Diablo (and the front-engine V12 models who came before these) are really nice, but ... somehow, the newer ones look like cartoon cars.

But I'm sure they still perform pretty impressive ... and from inside, you don't see them anyway.

My DCOTD is ... a Fiat/Abarth OT 2000.

[​IMG]

So, looks like an 850 Coupe, does it? The spare wheel in its mouth is a sign not meant to be ignored, it translates to 180...240 hp (depending on version, road-legality and similar) out of a 2 liter straight four ... even a twovalve engine! - which don't have to push around any more than some 700 kg! I'd prefer these over any supercars. Different than the usual 850 and other 600-offsprings and derivatives, the faster/stronger Abarth versions have a decent suspension (the simplified semi-trailing arm, where the axis goes through the drive-shaft's joint is more cheap than good ... track width, track angle, ... change in an undesirable way when the rear axle bumps in - similar, but differently, the front axle is improved), power in any imaginable abandunce and ... and the equation here is optimized in the way that reducing weight and drag leads to superb dynamic capabilities without needing excessive power - and it has, somehow, excessive power on hand if desired.

Although these have a pretty simple basis they are grown on, the improvements made regarding the suspensions, the engine where great care is taken not only for performance but also reliability (they are impressively strong compared to their displacement, but still built in a pretty conservative way) ... they just meet the optimum of less car, more power spot on. Actually, this concept convinces me ever time again, while some twotonner having 400 hp or so ... well, yeah, they're fast and stuff, but ... it's not the same. Too much. A flawed concept in my book... I'd love to see a modern interpretation of something like this. Lotus, kind of, gets it right most of the time, but Abarth is now devolved into some kind of equipment package that looks fast. Technology, once the core of the company (they sold tens of thousands of mufflers for small Fiats - 500s, 600s, their offspring - making them a fair bit faster ... and they were of better quality than the original mufflers were), isn't done there anymore. Kinda sad...

But, anyway ... the rarest and fastest Abarth are frighteningly expensive, so likely this is a dream bound to remain a dream. There are Ferraris which are cheaper ... and these only have four cylinders, something one could look down to from a perspective of judging a piece of machinery by size-related count of some kind of units that doesn't say a single thing about its technological level - but still, likely most cars with twice the cylinder count can be outperformed by this precious piece of uncompromised dynamics. Making something fast works best when making the thing to be made fast less. Less weight, less drag, less car.

So ... this will remain subject to dreaming ... but to a nice kind of dreaming!

Sabato likes this.
  19. JC higgy

JC higgy Gretschified

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Watched this earlier,in the same vein as my post on the mini Countach,but these are even cooler!

Dwarf Cars.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.