does anyone have the Strymon Iridium Amp & IR Cab?

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by GOOBALL JEFF, Apr 6, 2021.

1. GOOBALL JEFF

GOOBALL JEFF Synchromatic

Oct 1, 2019
    london
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  2. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    GOOBALL JEFF likes this.
  3. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    How many sampling points for the IRs?

GOOBALL JEFF likes this.
  4. montereyjack66

montereyjack66 Country Gent

Feb 29, 2012
    LA-ish
    They are pretty nifty. Pretty darn close to the real thing. A worthy box. My main complaint so far is that it's a little too easy overshoot the runway. The red zone is a pretty thin line if you use any pre-amp or similar device. If you use it straight up it tends to work best. I should add that I've never played it with humbuckers.

ZackyDog and GOOBALL JEFF like this.
  5. GOOBALL JEFF

Oct 1, 2019
    london
    thanks for link buddy. line6 can't replicate a realistic enough tone in my opinion, if you listen to the iridium demo on the headphones you would think it's a real amp with realistic dynamics. plugging into my real amp is not an option, and plugging in all the wires to go into my laptop is just a pain for only a short twang on the guitar from time to time as I'm busy with my one year old mostly these days.

thunder58 likes this.
  6. GOOBALL JEFF

Oct 1, 2019
    london
    three amps three cabs as standard, you can upload as many as you want i think? but the standard pedal has everything you would want I would say. on headphones it's the most realistic dynamic amp sim I have ever heard, I have used most of them but this has a realism unmatched I think

7. GOOBALL JEFF

Oct 1, 2019
    london
    I will be using my gretsch players, when it arrives! TV jones in it.

montereyjack66 likes this.
  8. GOOBALL JEFF

Oct 1, 2019
    london
    tech geek out with me people watch the demo

9. Chet Harrison

Chet Harrison Electromatic

Apr 27, 2020
    USA
    I had one for a while. I really liked it, but ultimately decided to go with a separate tube preamp pedal and cab sim. I didn’t need all three “pretty good” amp flavors, just one really good one.

GOOBALL JEFF likes this.
  10. rockinforJesus

rockinforJesus Synchromatic

Nov 7, 2014
    Upstate New York
    Jeff, did you consider Walrus Audio?

GOOBALL JEFF and BorderRadio like this.
  11. GOOBALL JEFF

Oct 1, 2019
    london
    very interesting thanks. I think having more gain with the strymon sways me, the marshall tone on the strymon sounds great and something ill use a lot.

rockinforJesus likes this.
  12. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
  13. Rob Williams

Rob Williams Country Gent

Jul 5, 2014
    SE QLD
    I'm a heathen. I love my Tech21 amp sim (Liverpool). No more lugging 30kg of amplifier to have to dial it in to each venue, and then be told it's too loud to get it to the sweet-spot. Is there anywhere you can try one in-store?

14. rockinforJesus

rockinforJesus Synchromatic

Nov 7, 2014
    Upstate New York
    Yep, I have one too. For the money, it is hard to beat. Very convincing AC tones in that little box. I run my pedalboard direct into my studio monitors and can plug in headphones to the monitors if I choose. A296522B-962A-402A-B989-B415E1F8726C.jpeg

GOOBALL JEFF and Rob Williams like this.
  15. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    The Iridium is my amp. I use it fulltime every week. I am completely satisfied with it in every way.

16. Stefan87

Stefan87 Country Gent

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    I have been looking at these too and have been shunted up to the top of my list as it looks to be everything I would do too, I'm not too digitally minded and am more of a turn knobs player so these seem like a good thing.

GOOBALL JEFF likes this.
  17. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Top of my list too. Along with several other items that are top of the list. In fact everything on my list is in top position. Unfortunately they are all expensive. Im thinking of selling the 50w Peavey classic which i can hardly lift and which seems a bit over spec for a bookend which is its current function. T’would be pretty much a straight swop financially and i’d gain valuable studio space. But id need to buy a new bookend.

18. Stefan87

Stefan87 Country Gent

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    Not to hi jack the thread but how do you rate the Peavey? I am also considering a classic 30 if I was to go all tubes.

19. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    I picked up the Iridium a couple months back but haven't used it much. On a recent toad trip, I brought it along with my Origin compressor to practice my lap steel, listening with good headphones and mixing in Bluetooth audio. It was fun.

GOOBALL JEFF and mbkri like this.
  20. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    It was my primary amp from 95 till i moved to a cleaner, chimier sound in 2004. Great amps, good mids, much less ear splitting top end than a fender. I played my country gent through it playing driving Britpop as it was called at the time. Articulate but definitely meaty. Loud. Nice onboard reverb. Channel switching was a huge deciding factor for me. Good dirt and good cleans.... and of course a master volume so you can dial in just the right amount of preamp for just the right amount of break up at any volume. But i moved into a different sound and went with the vox and different gretsch models over the last 15 years. I used the Peavey as a stereo second amp set with a touch of dirt just below the vox sound.... till i moved into a smaller studio which doesnt really give me the same benefit from the stereo effect. So its a heavy bookend. Gorgeous to look at.

Stefan87 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.