Do you have the Gretsch of your dreams?

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Parttime, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Mr Swisher

Mr Swisher Synchromatic

Jun 12, 2012
    England
    Yes I do and I'm playing it right now!

IMG-20200124-WA0007.jpg

GOOBALL JEFF, rob batz, Merc and 6 others like this.
  2. Philtertronic

Philtertronic Gretschie

Feb 26, 2014
    scotland
    Aside from wanting an old Country Gent I am more than happy withe my Terada 6122 '62 II. The only thing I'd change on it are the pups.

3. Sweetwater

Sweetwater Electromatic

Dec 14, 2012
    Green River, Wyoming
    In 1969, I purchased a NIB 1967 Double Anniversary from Viner Music in Bangor, Maine. It was my pride and joy, my primary gig guitar and my "American Express" 'cause I never left home without it. It went through the windshield of my '64 T-Bird (made me a believer in seat belts) the OHC protected it and it went overseas with me. Through a series of mistakes, it became twisted out of shape and nobody in my circle knew anything about straightening it. It was useless to me, so I sold it for little or nothing. After a slew of used Fender Mustangs, they were cheap, plentiful and I'd burn one up in about a year of gigging, I found a '65 Guild Starfire V. I loved this guitar, but never stopped thinking about and lusting after that Gretsch Double Anniversary, to be called Double Annie. In 1995, I decided to quit the "electric scene" and just play acoustical guitars. The Guild went to a treasured friend and I started my acoustic journey. Fender Telecaster came to me and I used it as a trade in on my first Gibson. Twenty five years later, I still play acoustical most of the time, all have saddle bridge transducers and run through amps and sound systems, so in the Spring of 2018, I found a NIB 2017 (50 years newer than my first) Gretsch Double Anniversary reissue. every bit as nice as my first one, but with the years of acoustic playing, it has taken me some time to revive my rockabilly styling that the Double Annie does so well. At 9 years old, my grandson thinks I'm a pretty cool dude. Just turned 70 last fall and play mostly household gigs with friends and a couple times at church every week. Our worship team leader, and young woman of 40, commented that the Gretsch was awesome and could I bring it all the time. I manage a few bars of "Daytripper" and "Pretty Woman" mixed with some "Truckin" and "Honkey-Tonk" among others. "Sunshine of your Love" makes a cool call to worship on occasion and "Walk Right In" is a known winner. "Jesus and Momma", by Confederate Railroad, brought tears to the eyes of the Pastor's wife. (Wiping her eyes, she told my Mom, "and I'm not even a mother!") My Mom, RIP, played piano in church the last 20 years of her 83 years and, when I joined her on their worship team, she told me I was going to have to "tone down" my music. I told her the music wasn't mine, it was God's and HE didn't put me here to "tone it down". He put me here to bring life to HIS music, which I now have done for 34 years.
    Now it's just "Jesus and Me" and my Double Annie.

4. 5120mantis

5120mantis Country Gent

Mar 6, 2011
    nj
    Unexpectedly so...
    I was going to buy a hot rod or chet with dynas the i saw the 53 received_427164284716123.jpeg

5. mesadude

mesadude Electromatic

May 15, 2014
    Santa Rosa, CA
    I had them. They were stolen from me in Florida last year. Guitar center sold them before I knew they were missing. Neither the police or Guitar Center are interested in helping me try and get them back. Very sad!
    View attachment 130912 View attachment 130912 View attachment 130913

6. mesadude

mesadude Electromatic

May 15, 2014
    Santa Rosa, CA
    68FF0CED-8971-424A-A449-EC5F1100AF56.png I did. But they were stolen from me in Florida last year.
    Neither the police nor Guitar Center, who they were sold through before I realized they were missing, are willing to help me get them back. Very sad!
    AC5792DF-0A6B-4EFF-BDA2-9D33CC8714E1.png

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  7. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    Considering the Gretsch of my dreams doesn't exist and prolly wouldn't be made by the custom shop even if I gave them the cash... then it only exists in my dreams.

8. Hoser

Hoser Newbie

Nov 29, 2017
    USA
    SAJ_2807_ebay1.jpg Here is mine................

9. whitetip24

whitetip24 Electromatic

Mar 27, 2011
    U.K.
    I've had 2x G6131 jet firebirds, 4x g6114 new jets, 1x G6128 1973 custom order duojet, 2x G6128-57 duojet and a G6122JR country classic. Everyone that I sold I regret selling, especially the 73 custom order jet. Currently still own the G6122JR and a G6128-57 and love them... So guitar of my dreams... Yeah, I just have many dreams! For years now I have always wanted the Anni Jr , no one seems to sell them on though.

new6659 likes this.
  10. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Someone just posted one for sale on this forum

11. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
  12. audept

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Welcome to the forum, Gbrandroundup ! You have a beautiful guitar!
    welcome mat 125.jpg

Merc likes this.
  13. JimEddie

JimEddie Newbie

Aug 6, 2015
    Nebraska
    I am found of this one!

Attached Files:

14. audept

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Welcome to the forum, JimEddie !
    welcome mat 118.jpg

15. Tele295

Tele295 Country Gent

I have the Gretsch hollow body of my dreams. Now I’m working on the Jet 0358A7DE-3C41-4688-BD7E-0BC47D98F0ED.jpeg

GOOBALL JEFF, section2, Merc and 6 others like this.
  16. Perry Bryant

Perry Bryant Synchromatic

Jan 12, 2012
    Sharpsburg, GA
    I only have 1. I never dreamed I would own one. It's an Electromatic that my children got me as a gift about 5 years ago. So I don't dream about any others. I just enjoy the one I have.

17. new6659

new6659 Country Gent

That headstock inlay is absolutely awesome!!!

18. section2

section2 Country Gent

Dec 21, 2016
    Toronto
    Not yet... but it's shipping out to me tomorrow. :)

Merc, calebaaron666 and new6659 like this.
  19. new6659

new6659 Country Gent

Tell us more!

section2 likes this.
  20. section2

section2 Country Gent

Dec 21, 2016
    Toronto
    Soon, my friend! All will be revealed. :)

calebaaron666 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.