Direct bridge and stop tail replacement for 2012 Electromatic Pro Jet

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by YaDaddy, Aug 1, 2020.

1. YaDaddy

YaDaddy Electromatic

Mar 16, 2020
    Marietta, GA
    Anybody been through this learning curve? I hope these subject doesn’t pop up here every other day.
    I’m only bugging ya’ll cuz I’m worn out trying to nail this down on my own. Danged confusing with everything I’m finding on the web.

This is a 2012 G5434 two tone sunburst and the finish on the tune o Matic bridge and stop tail has quite a bit more patina than I care for. (finish is trashed) I want to find a direct plug and play replacement for both with his little fuss involved as possible. I’m not looking to upgrade the parts, but I don’t want to make it play/sound worse. Just looking to get it back about where it started, also not looking to sink a load of cash into this.

No rush, take your time… I mean this isn’t life support equipment or anything and thanks in advance...any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

B8688BAC-0B41-45A5-804E-C260B7AFC183.jpeg

2. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
  3. Jeff67

Jeff67 Country Gent

Nov 3, 2019
    Crockett, Texas
    Angela's has the Gretsch AOM bridge for $22 and the v- stop tailpiece for $19. I didn't see a straight tailpiece, though. Personally, the v- stop tailpiece has kinda grown on me. Since I've gotten used to seeing it, the straight ones look more Gibson-y to me. I don't know if it gets more budget- friendly for new, genuine Gretsch parts. Hope this helps!:)

4. YaDaddy

YaDaddy Electromatic

Mar 16, 2020
    Marietta, GA
    I’m a big fan of the V tail piece too, but only on the new Jets that they are standard on. It would look really out of place on this 5434.

Jeff67 likes this.
  5. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    I have the V stop on my ProLine Jet and the standard Gotoh on a couple other guitars. I like the V look but it does nag at me that the break angle on the 6 strings are not the same on the V stop. I have an extra straight Gotoh in my parts bin and I may swap out the V stop at my next string change. I will keep the V so I can put the guitar back to stock if I ever sell it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.