DiMarzio??

Discussion in 'The Pickup Place' started by pmac11, Dec 4, 2020.

1. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    So I modded the G2420T a while back. Out came the stock BroadTrons after three years, and in went a MojoTone Fat MojoTron at the bridge, and a DiMarzio BluesBucker at the neck.
    It was just an experiment try to get a unique sounding instrument, and I think it's paid off. According to DiMarzio the BluesBucker sounds like a P90, and the MojoTron has more twang & growl than the BroadTrons ever did. Together they sound vaguely Strat-like, which is a nice unintended consequence.

2. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    Glad you like them, Pete. I put a set of DiMarzio PAFs into my 335 and I'm still not really sure about them. I dunno.

pmac11 likes this.
  3. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    I put a DiMarzio PAF in the neck of my Tele, it's perfect. I just say that the BluesBucker doesn't sound like the PAF at all. More airy like a single coil.

Tony65x55 likes this.
  4. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    I have DiMarzio Eric Johnsons in my Starcaster build and like them a lot. Even though they're hum buckers they have a Strat like brightness.

Tony65x55 and pmac11 like this.
  5. Stefan87

Stefan87 Country Gent

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    am planning on putting a set of 36th anniversary pick ups in one of my schecters.

Tony65x55 and pmac11 like this.
  6. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    The Gibson PAFs that were in there didn't measure up?

7. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    No. There weren't any. The guitar is a particularly sweet Epi ES-335 that Ian Weston PLEK'd for me. Plays like a dream and I wanted it to sound like one too, so out came the pro-buckers and in went the DiMarzio PAFs. The pro-buckers were pretty good but the guitar plays as a 9/10 and I wanted the sound to be as sweet. If they don't work maybe a set of Jon Moores will do the job. He makes an excellent PAF. In Hamilton.

https://www.tonefordays.com/

pmac11 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.