Dim the lights im going blind here !

mbkri

Country Gent
Sep 22, 2012
Chicago
Love my pedal board. But gosh darn it the lights on some of the pedals are so bright i cant see what im looking at when i look down.
Is it just me?
So….. whats the solution?
Masking tape? Anything more elegant and less sticky?
Id like things still to look nice and i definitely dont want to pull the paint off if i ever remove the tape.

juks

Country Gent
Nov 26, 2020
Fremont, California
Love my pedal board. But gosh darn it the lights on some of the pedals are so bright i cant see what im looking at when i look down.
Is it just me?
Id like things still to look nice and i definitely dont want to pull the paint off if i ever remove the tape.

Yep, I agree. Some are so crazy bright that you really can't see the position of the knobs. Masking tape is the only solution I can offer.

capnhiho

Country Gent
Feb 16, 2013
California
Am I right if I'm guessing you have the MXR 10-band EQ? Those blue LEDs may be what people see coming out of of Area 51!
That’s the biggest culprit! Those LED’s must be surplus from an airport landing system!!

The Sharpie trick worked well to dim the lights to a reasonable level.

Last edited:

bhatta

Gretschie
Jun 29, 2020
Bangalore
I am a recent victim of mxr blindness syndrome, after a long time. My Carbon Copy had one. Yesterday I got me a MXR M78 distortion, it has one.

As adventurous as it may seem, i have my eyes set on a MXR DC brick, don't know if they have the LEDs!
Maybe should get some tainted glass and cover the thing, if possible!

Feel for ya @mbkri

...Here's to whatever comes, drink L'chaim to life...

mbkri

Country Gent
Sep 22, 2012
Chicago
I am a recent victim of mxr blindness syndrome, after a long time. My Carbon Copy had one. Yesterday I got me a MXR M78 distortion, it has one.

As adventurous as it may seem, i have my eyes set on a MXR DC brick, don't know if they have the LEDs!
Maybe should get some tainted glass and cover the thing, if possible!

Feel for ya @mbkri

...Here's to whatever comes, drink L'chaim to life...
Their Iso Brick power unit has 8 of the buggers. I own one and could light my whole studio with it. Fortunately i usually have the ability to face it backwards but when im rearranging or working on the board as i was this weekend its positively obnoxious

swivel

Country Gent
May 13, 2018
PNW
Is it just me?
Yeah, too bright for me too. Then I play an outdoor gig and I cant see them at all!
Go figure. No idea what to do.
I have used tape and it works fine for indoor gigs.