Digitech Trio Band Creator

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Paulie26, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Paulie26

Paulie26 Gretschie

Sep 7, 2020
    Ireland
    Jerzey Bob likes this.
  2. Almost replaced this guy.

Attached Files:

3. Bob Perrone

Bob Perrone Gretschie

Mar 7, 2017
    allentown, pa
    I have the original -great fun. The new one saves your loop which is cool, especially if you plan on using it at a solo gig

Jerzey Bob and Paulie26 like this.
  4. Paulie26

Paulie26 Gretschie

Sep 7, 2020
    Ireland
    Thanks.

It looks great fun

5. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    I am having a great time with the one I just bought. Not perfect of course but it is a big help with playing in time and song writing. This is a a video I did September 6 right after I got and played around with it for about thirty minutes. There are ton of great videos on how to us it on YouTube. I have learned a lot since I got it.

Paulie26 likes this.
  6. dmunson

dmunson Gretschie

Dec 19, 2015
    Charlotte, NC
    I have both models. They can be a great practice tool, but there is a learning curve, and I'm still riding that.
    You have to download the user's manual, it does not come as a hard copy, just a quick start guide that will get you going. I highly recommend that you get a good look at the user's manual before ordering the Trio.

7. swivel

swivel Country Gent

May 13, 2018
    PNW
    I had the original. I found it... just not good enough I guess. The bass lines didn't do thirds, so no minor/major third problems, but sounded quite bad without them. Makes for a terrible bass line.

Not to mention the bass lines were... just strange. I never did hear a "walking bass" come out of it. Which to me is the basic starting point for bass. Sold it immediately as there was a waiting list back then. I do my own bass line just with a muted guitar on the looper instead if I want to jam with myself.

Paulie26 likes this.
  8. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    Yea. I got it. Its fun. Haven't had a lot of time to play with it. Better than the Boss R2

9. Jerzey Bob

Jerzey Bob Synchromatic

Apr 3, 2021
    North Jersey
    There a quite a few of us that have this & we all love it. More versatile than any other, imho. Tons of variations. Run the mixer out to a separate amp & you're golden. Thomanns' seems to have the best deal on them. Got mine there.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    Paulie26 likes this.
  10. Gretschzilla

Gretschzilla Electromatic

Apr 20, 2021
    Saint Paul, MN USA
    I got my Trio+ two months ago and it has caused a gigantic burst of creativity and productivity with song writing. It is nothing short of amazing. I can't remember the YouTube video that tipped me over the edge to make the purchase; even going into it I had high hopes and they have been exceeded. I laid down my first bass and drum track within an hour of opening the box. It is intuitive, and it is amazing the variety of bass / drum tracks you can get from 'teaching' the box very simple chord progressions. If you have more specific questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

One thing I just thought of is dropping the tracks into Garage Band (and eventually apple Pro Logic) was a breeze. The bass and drum are a combined track; not sure if that can be split into separate tracks but I don't think so. Anyway, I highly recommend it.

Paulie26 and Jerzey Bob like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.