Did this Pink Floyd jam for my late dad

NJDevil

Country Gent
Jul 9, 2014
Commack, NY
This is one of my all-time favorite songs and your playing brought more magic to it. It happily "broke the rules" of Gilmour fanatics' who think the recipe is to just to duplicate it from the album.

Instead, you expanded the possibilities of the song just like expansion of the freedom of the spirit when we have passed on.....no limitations!!! I really felt the emotion behind every note and thought it was perfect. Blessings to you and your family and I'll be sure to keep your father's spirit in my thoughts.

gtttrrr

Country Gent
Dec 7, 2011
United States
Today marks a decade since my father died.

I’m not any good with words, so I figured I would make a musical tribute to his memory by doing my version of a song he loved.

This is my version of “Shine on you crazy diamond” and every note in it is dedicated to his memory.

Great tone and inflection, lovely all around! But get some strap locks on that thing man, I was nervous for you watchin that:eek::eek::eek::eek::D:cool:

wyldelife

Electromatic
Jun 19, 2021
Norway
This is one of my all-time favorite songs and your playing brought more magic to it. It happily "broke the rules" of Gilmour fanatics' who think the recipe is to just to duplicate it from the album.

Instead, you expanded the possibilities of the song just like expansion of the freedom of the spirit when we have passed on.....no limitations!!! I really felt the emotion behind every note and thought it was perfect. Blessings to you and your family and I'll be sure to keep your father's spirit in my thoughts.
Wow, thank you so much! That really means a lot!!

I am so sorry for your deep loss. I am sure that your tribute was greatly appreciated by him.

This is a great song, but your cover is the best I have heard.

Thank You for sharing this.
Thank you! This is probably the hardest jam I’ve ever put together, so The kind words are much appreciated!!

Great tone and inflection, lovely all around! But get some strap locks on that thing man, I was nervous for you watchin that:eek::eek::eek::eek::D:cool:
I use some small plastic things similar to the thing you find on Grolsch bottles, so it sits fairly secure!

section2

Country Gent
Dec 21, 2016
Toronto
Absolutely beautiful. This is such a wonderful tribute—I've no doubt that you made your father very proud.

This song was one of my dad's favourites too. We lost him five years ago, but your recording made me feel like he was in the room with me again. I hope that it does the same for you. Thank you so much for posting it.

Latest posts