DC Fluid Drive in Satin Falcon White (aka detroit casket)

Discussion in 'Commercial Sellers, Dealers and Manufacturers' started by TV the Wired Turtle, Oct 23, 2020.

1. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    The request has finally been fulfilled. the transparent Drive box for gretsch guitars in a Falcon theme for preamp/overdrive formerly called the #detroit casket fluid drive, now more PC nomenclature'd as "D.C. Fluid Drive".

395325B2-272E-46D3-B551-F2E1A5EA49B5_1_201_a.jpeg

nickurso, Jeff67, Bertotti and 12 others like this.
  2. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Friend of Fred

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Why oh WHY?!
    This is GORGEOUS!
    I JUST bought another one of these a few months back after stupidly selling my OG DC.
    NOW I gotta sell another one to fund a NEW one cuz you made one to match my Falcon?!

Jeff67 and TV the Wired Turtle like this.
  3. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    D.C. Falcon Drive? :cool:

michelb and TV the Wired Turtle like this.
  4. Fasteddie42

Fasteddie42 Gretschie

Sep 18, 2018
    tip of the mitt

How is the name change a P.C. issue?

Afaik a "detroit casket" is a reference to an old car that someone drives recklessly.

5. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    it is with Pdubs.. so now its all holy
    white and tidy :)

6. Fasteddie42

Fasteddie42 Gretschie

Sep 18, 2018
    tip of the mitt
    I have no idea what you just said

TV the Wired Turtle and sgarnett like this.
  7. michelb

michelb Gretschie

Mar 27, 2020
    Belgium
    Hurricane Tavo strikes again :eek:

TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  8. JAP09

JAP09 Electromatic

Nov 12, 2019
    Atlanta, Ga
    Holy white and tidy :D . The PC thing seems silly, but then again I played P&W with a ZVex SHO on my board for a while so what do I know.

I dig the tones, the branding, design, colors, all of it... nicely done sir! I bet it would look and sound pretty darn good with my white penguin. Gonna try to sell a pedal or two and snag one of these!

9. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Yea I've been trying to also reach across to the brethren, especially since all these pedals originate on the P&W stage.

There are a lot of Four Square/pentacostal churches that dont appreciate any imagery in their church, and I have players that cover my pedals up with stickers because they dont want anyone being upset w the Poison Ivy bikini girl or the skull on front of the train on my mystery brain.
    The detroit casket fluid drive started out w "sinister" characters although the reference is exactly as @Fasteddie42 mentioned. A detroit casket is a dangerous bomb of classic car that came out of detroit aka Led Sled ie dropped 49' Merc, slammed buick or ford. ..and Pdub is slang for a praise and worship guitarist.. you know, huge pedalboards..expensive gretsch or offset guitars that resemble fender and older guys that shouldnt be wearing skinny jeans. :)
    [​IMG]

wildeman, MrWookiee, Merc and 8 others like this.
  10. Stefan87

Stefan87 Country Gent

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    One of these and a mysterybrain is on the want list for pedals, this is the best colour combo, would love one to suit my penguin also, maybe you should make this one a permanent colour option Tavo.

11. rockinforJesus

rockinforJesus Synchromatic

Nov 7, 2014
    Upstate New York
    @TV the Wired Turtle
    Hey Tavo, how do these compare to the JHS Morning Glory or the Greer Lightspeed?
    Is your circuit based on a Bluesbreaker?
    Asking for a friend

12. JAP09

JAP09 Electromatic

Nov 12, 2019
    Atlanta, Ga
    This meme is, at times, disturbingly accurate haha. In my own effort to reach the brethren and end the tight pants phenomenon, I wear boot cut jeans and boots a decent amount. On one particular day the audio engineer joked he was worried that I was scrub until he heard me play . Each to their own with what they’re cool with on their gear though. I don’t begrudge anyone for their preferences and convictions. Personally I dig the uniqueness in your branding and aesthetics. And I dig the fact that you make cool colors that people want to see! The most important thing is all your stuff seems to sound great based the demos I’ve heard and the feedback here. I just ordered the white and gold fluid drive this morning which will be the first nocturne for me. Looking forward to hearing it through my rig. Thanks Tavo!

TV the Wired Turtle, Henry and larryr like this.
  13. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Ok, took me a while to unpack it.

"Dubs" - common abbreviation for the letter "W", so Pdbubs -> PW -> P&W-> praise and worship (modern (American) Christian music genre).
    "Holy white and tidy" - good enough for church, a play on "whitey tighteys", in 80s/90s teen vernacular, the common tight, white underpants worn by most boys until they are convinced boxers are cooler, then realize boxers can be really uncomfortable during athletics.

TLDR: "casket" is an arguably inappropriate word to be printed on pedal that will be performing in a church; this version is PC for P&W.

TV the Wired Turtle and JAP09 like this.
  14. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Ahaaa! :) You must be an English teacher haha.. or perhaps a sociologist

Henry likes this.
  15. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    JHS is a modified bluesbreaker, Greer Lightspeed is based on a Timmy w fixed bass and treble, and a presence cut control from what I read??
    I borrow the tone stack from a Tim pedal, but my build uses an additional chip as charge pump to supply additional pwr to the Burr Brown OPA2134 opAmp, a well as a slightly unconventional clipping diode arrangement. You'll notice that although the Bass stays very open, uncompressed when turned beyond 2 clock (dimed is the most transparent), dialing it back towards 11 oclock towards 7 oclock yields a much fatter and driven response in the low mids. The Treble on the other hand feels more like its only dialing off the highs as its turned clockwise, as its fully open when dialed back at 7 oclock. This is so that you can have a transparent clean boost when the gain is set way down near 7-8 oclock and volume beyond 3 oclock.
    I find my own pleasure w it set w Bass at 2 oclock, gain at 2 oclock, treble at 12-1 oclock and Volume set to match my amplifier level.
    The main reason for the design arrangement of the Fluid Drive is that is works its best game with other boosts, preamps in front of it w a great hollowbody when you are wanting more overdrive from it. Otherwise its pretty versatile on its own.

Merc, Groutsch, G5422T and 4 others like this.
  16. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    boots are important! no exposed sweaty hooves onstage :) :) ps. I'm guilty of tapered selvedge denim. I have my fetish w LC King, one of the oldest american clothing suppliers to the working class..although that was then, now its expensive as hell haha.

17. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I'm gonna pay attention, I'm actually really impressed at the satin white and strange gold print.. It wasnt how I expected (I thought it would be more metallic gold, butcompensated w the silver knobs as they were gonna be black) but I do like it.

Stefan87 likes this.
  18. Stefan87

Stefan87 Country Gent

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    I like the whole satin white and gold look, it's classy but subtle at the same time, and the silver knobs suit it IMO.

19. Lacking Talent

Lacking Talent Synchromatic

Aug 5, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    +1

Though I await the Surf or the Seafoam.

20. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I did a surfgreen/gumby on the new batch of nocturne pedals. I love it.
    EDDBA945-DA62-4442-A245-7F49012A0A11.png

audept likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.