Custom Shop Lead Times

afire

Friend of Fred
Feb 12, 2009
Where the action is!
Amazing, considering this is a U.S. origin item to begin with. You might have some luck convincing them to release it if you can prove it was U.S. origin? Does the Japanese shop you bought it from still have the import paperwork by chance?
I once bought a 1964 Rickenbacker Rose Morris 1998 from the UK and had to fight like hell to get them to accept that it was a U.S. made product and waive customs duties.

Wayne Gretschzky

Country Gent
Aug 27, 2008
East Coast
Some of ya'll may have figured out by now that I like Gretsch guitars. But I just can't see myself waiting 3 years for a guitar. I've ordered custom guitars from the likes of Trussart, Teye, and cool dude in Slovakia that uses the Mithans brand. All made from scratch to my specs. I think the Trussart took the longest at 6 months, I've always toyed with what what my Gretsch CS model would be (and still do) but the price and lead time has thus far been a deterrent, especially when these other options are available.

Muinarc

Electromatic
May 13, 2022
AZ
Some of ya'll may have figured out by now that I like Gretsch guitars. But I just can't see myself waiting 3 years for a guitar. I've ordered custom guitars from the likes of Trussart, Teye, and cool dude in Slovakia that uses the Mithans brand. All made from scratch to my specs. I think the Trussart took the longest at 6 months, I've always toyed with what what my Gretsch CS model would be (and still do) but the price and lead time has thus far been a deterrent, especially when these other options are available.
I'm the type that would use the lead time to MAKE IT HAPPEN. Like anyone, I'd sit on the fence on something like that for years and never have the dream materialize...... but sometimes I do the math. What would happen is I'd place the easily affordable deposit, and over the course of those 3 years waiting I'd save the roughly $150-200/mo needed to hit the target. By the time the day arrived where the balance was due, I'd feel like it was $0 out of pocket! This amazing Life Hack has gotten me to finally do some international travel and many other things, you just need to be able to delude yourself a little.....or a lot ;)

afire

Friend of Fred
Feb 12, 2009
Where the action is!
I'm the type that would use the lead time to MAKE IT HAPPEN. Like anyone, I'd sit on the fence on something like that for years and never have the dream materialize...... but sometimes I do the math. What would happen is I'd place the easily affordable deposit, and over the course of those 3 years waiting I'd save the roughly $150-200/mo needed to hit the target. By the time the day arrived where the balance was due, I'd feel like it was $0 out of pocket! This amazing Life Hack has gotten me to finally do some international travel and many other things, you just need to be able to delude yourself a little.....or a lot ;)
Right. Everybody say not to go into debt for a guitar. But nobody says don't save up for a few years for a guitar. It's a great way to buy a guitar you can't afford and commit to being able to afford it in a few years.