Current Rig

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by calebaaron666, Feb 16, 2021.

1. BFTmarshall

BFTmarshall Synchromatic

Jan 12, 2020
    York
    Today's rig..working out some rhythm before the mic's go on
    800 Trip 2204.jpg

2. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Gretschie

Dec 29, 2020
    GNV FLA USA
    Married since '87!

[​IMG]

audept, iowa, Waxhead and 8 others like this.
  3. Marv666

Marv666 Gretschie

Jul 26, 2020
    Germany
    Yep i love it!
    I play Psychobilly so i want my sound to be somewhere between Rockabilly and Horrorpunk,
    the Gretsch and Mystery Brain got the Rockabilly Part covered and the Rectifier makes everything sound super evil :D

That´s true, to me it reminds me of a meaner mutant fender kind of ....
    Coming from the Rockabilly background i always prefered american style Amps but these days i need way more distortion

4. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    The Ultra channel on the TX is way more than I want. I have seen country guys using the tx head, bass players using it and I think at one point La Cuna Coil use done. I think they could have just as easily used a triple rect Mesa. Sadly a lot fo the amps get shoehorned into a box and that's were they seem to stay, sometimes rightfully so other times not so much.

Marv666 likes this.
  5. Marv666

Marv666 Gretschie

Jul 26, 2020
    Germany
    You also know how people will say that Gretsch guitars only do Rockabilly but of course it's far from the truth

6. LongJohn

LongJohn Synchromatic

Apr 22, 2016
    Queens, NY
    Buckets of amps and pedals that all fit the thttps://youtu.be/FBkkd2yZJW top shelf of the hall closet.
    Keeps the peace with the wife and neighbors and lets me play more often.

7. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Gretschie

Dec 29, 2020
    GNV FLA USA
    I play old school punk rock and roll with mine.

[​IMG]

8. GlenP

GlenP Country Gent

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    I was planning to make my own board from some lumber scraps, but kind of turned my workshop garage into a gym, so I decided to just order a small and a medium Pedal Train board so I can at least get some of my collection of pedals off the shelf and dust them off. I have a Nano+ and a Novo 24 on the way, I like how they come with matching gig bags. I can use the small one for practice and testing out different pedals, and maybe some gigs, and have the larger one to accommodate more for a bigger variety. Going straight into a Vox AC15HW with no built in effects or loop.

audept likes this.
  9. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    I didn't know you used an Ethos, really like their stuff.

nickurso likes this.
  10. BentFX

BentFX Electromatic

Dec 15, 2020
    Unspecified
    Recently moved stuff between rooms and stuck the kids in a corner to get them out of the way.

This is the haul from my first 8 months of this guitar thing. From right to left, in the order I got them...
    1. Squier, Affinity Strat: It was a used starter kit for $100. I added the cheap rail type pickups.
    2. Luna, Tribal 34" Acoustic Bass: This one was a mistake. It's a sloppy guitar and I was new, didn't realize the quality control issues it had. It should have been sent back.
    3. Fender, Grace Vanderwahl signature concert uke: I figured, gotta have a uke and it's a decent one.
    4. Ibanez, Artcore AS-53 center block: By this point I had decided that hollow/semi-hollow just suited my tastes better. It's a decent guitar at a good price.
    5. Ibanez, GA35TCE Thinline Classical: It is such a friendly little guitar with a thin parlor size body. This is the one I take to the couch or out on the porch.
    6. Gretsch, Electromatic G5655T CB Jr: Late last year I realized Gretsch had nice guitars at reasonable prices. I wish I'd've started here.
    kids.jpg

Now I need a hollow body Gretsch to round out the collection and allow me to start creating new excuses for new guitars.

It's entry level GAS, but GAS none the less.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    new6659, G5422T, audept and 1 other person like this.
  11. nickurso

nickurso Gretschified

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    Mostly just on my street rig. I have the clean II with the EQ upgrade. It’s great on that rig especially with different guitars, the EQ can adjust to whatever pick ups I’m using

Henry likes this.
  12. iowa

iowa Gretschie

Jun 3, 2008
    corn country
    Congrats

Brian Krashpad likes this.
  13. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Gretschie

Dec 29, 2020
    GNV FLA USA
    Thanks! I'm very fortunate. ;)

14. Tg-59

Tg-59 Electromatic

Dec 12, 2019
    Vasa Finland
    Here is mine, V8 combo and V8 built amp in an old radio with a fender hot rod cabinet and my pedalboard. IMG_20191217_180322.jpg IMG_20191217_180336.jpg

Marv666, Duo Slinger, new6659 and 5 others like this.
  15. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Gretschie

Dec 29, 2020
    GNV FLA USA
    What's a V-8?

Besides this:

[​IMG]

Is this a reference to the Crate amp? Like this?

[​IMG]

16. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    current home rig.
    Not a big enough room to need the 50w Peavey Classic which i used to run twinned with theVox.
    The Yamaha is for night playing with headphones and as a jamalong bluetoothed to applemusic.
    On the left a couple of slabs and only one hollowbody out at a time during the dry weather. On the right...the mandatory cat bed.
    986A539A-8FB0-4BA1-8B49-2F633A81C74B.jpeg

B83D873A-56F7-4DD9-830D-3AF6A0EF7A2D.jpeg

Marv666, audept, GlenP and 4 others like this.
  17. Tg-59

Tg-59 Electromatic

Dec 12, 2019
    Vasa Finland
    V-8 is a small Finnish one man amp shop.

Brian Krashpad likes this.
  18. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    The only V8 I dream about.

19. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Gretschie

Dec 29, 2020
    GNV FLA USA
    Kiitos. I suspected it might be.

20. GreatGretsch

GreatGretsch Country Gent

Jun 25, 2008
    Pittsburgh suburbs
    This is my current solo setup...AmpliTube 57 Deluxe through a Bose L1...(soon to be an EV Evolve 50m). I have it setup and sounding “scary close” to my real Deluxe clone.
    8C112005-E1E5-443B-9FD9-2274EF3D124A.png

Marv666 and dougmon like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.