Chris Buck...you watch his channel?

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Teledriver, Jan 14, 2022 at 8:35 PM.

Tags:
  1. Teledriver

Teledriver Synchromatic

Feb 12, 2011
    Iowa City, IA
    I've been following his channel on the 'tube for maybe 2 years.
    His playing is phenomenal, imho.
    He seems to know his stuff, if you've watched any of his videos https://www.youtube.com/user/ChrisBuckGuitar/videos
    A real-life down-to-earth guitar player that just happens to be REALLY good., with an appreciation/love for vintage instruments.
    I personally like his videos on vintage instruments.

2. oneforsorrow

oneforsorrow Synchromatic

May 15, 2020
    Iowa
    I enjoy his videos and his playing — very elegant touch. He’s much more palatable than some of the other usual suspects and seems quite a bit more down to earth. I love how seamlessly he tucks his pick and switches to finger-picking.

Teledriver likes this.
  3. NJDevil

NJDevil Country Gent

Jul 9, 2014
    Commack, NY
    I stumbled on his site a while back as it included a HWY1 Strat and then watched the channel more as I liked his playing. I like the power behind his material and then, as oneforsorrow put it, the elegant touch.....very dynamic and love his passion for music. I am actually a bit disappointed he is recorded with a band only vs. being a virtuoso.

I also think I like his playing as it is a bit self-serving on my part. My playing parallels his style quite a bit.....Do I think I'm better? Well, if I like what I play then yes. If not, no. I did tell my buddy, who tried to compare styles, not to. Chris' style is very much as unique as any individual's signature. I wouldn't want to copy him as I have my own "signature" to say what I want to say.

I am very pleased though he has such a strong following and his playing is loved.

oneforsorrow likes this.
  4. ImGoodThanks

ImGoodThanks Electromatic

Apr 28, 2021
    Australia
    He has great style, seems to understand timing, not always a need for 2000 notes second

Teledriver, Duo Slinger and NJDevil like this.
  5. Duo Slinger

Duo Slinger Synchromatic

Sep 11, 2020
    California, USA
    He's great, his content is entertaining, and his playing is phenomenal. Love his stuff.

NJDevil likes this.
  6. Ricochet

Ricochet Senior Gretsch-Talker

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    I hear a bit of Slash and John Mayer.

j.s.c and loudnlousy like this.
  7. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Gretschified

Oct 18, 2015
    Germany
    What a talented guy. Thank you for sharing the link. I was not aware of him.

8. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Does he have a hearing disability in one ear? Every side talker I know has had a long term hearing issue in one ear, and they naturally talk to their good ear.

9. Chet Harrison

Chet Harrison Gretschie

Apr 27, 2020
    USA
    He is an incredible player, but his channel is not one of my favorites. I do like that Revstar he plays sometimes.

10. Teledriver

Teledriver Synchromatic

Feb 12, 2011
    Iowa City, IA
    The 'plectrum tuck'...I think he was asked about it on some other 'tube channel and if I recall he said it just happened once and that's the way he does it. I don't think it was planned or practiced, it just happens that way. I've tried it and it was a mess, lol. The fact that he routinely switches between plectrum and pure finger-plucking (not flat-picking) in mid song/solo says alot about how aware he is of the sound a pick or fingers make on the strings, and how just using one style can be expressive, using both styles mid-stride is twice as good.

oneforsorrow likes this.
  11. Duo Slinger

Duo Slinger Synchromatic

Sep 11, 2020
    California, USA
    I believe he actually has a video explaining it:

Teledriver and Electrosynthesis like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.