Chinese Rickenbacker Question

Gretschtim1

Country Gent
Dec 4, 2012
Dundalk, Md
A friend gave me a Chinese copy of the John Lennon 325.
I gave it to my 7 year old grandson to learn on.
The fake Bigsby is missing the spring.
I was just wondering if a standard Bigsby replacement spring would work on this guitar.
Where's the best place to buy a replacement spring?

Gretschtim1

Country Gent
Dec 4, 2012
Dundalk, Md
Did it come with all of the necessary add-ons?
Jack plate?
Strap locks?
Factory case?
Lawsuit from John Hall?
Well it does look like a 325 and even has the John Lennon self portrait drawling on the pick guard.
But it sure doesn't play or sound like a Rick.
If it did I'm sure my friend wouldn't of gave it away.
It's okay for a kid to learn on and the Chinese didn't get any of my money...:).

Highroller

Country Gent
Jun 11, 2015
Portland, OR
One of these? You know, as knock-offs go, it's not that shabby looking! Ha!

Screenshot 2021-12-31 065526.jpg

Ali-Express, if anybody wants one! And I'd guess "maybe" on the spring, who knows? You might try a Reverend soft-spring. I think they're like $10 direct from Reverend.

Last edited:

Gretschtim1

Country Gent
Dec 4, 2012
Dundalk, Md
One of these? You know, as knock-offs go, it's not that shabby looking! Ha!

View attachment 173041

Ali-Express, if anybody wants one! And I'd guess "maybe" on the spring, who knows? You might try a Reverend soft-spring. I think they're like $10 direct from Reverend.
Well a friend of my got one and hated so much he just gave it to me. It looks great but plays horrible and the sound is even worse. I gave it to my grandson to learn on otherwise I would have just thrown it away.
On the other hand in February I ordered a Harley Benton bass that looks similar to a Rick 4001 and it's actually a really nice bass. It was only $295 shipped from Germany and I had it in two days. I put a new bridge on it and some Rickenbacker pickups which cost more than the bass did...;).It sounds really good so you never know.

Last edited: