Cheese Steaks and Guitars...

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by panhead6zero, Nov 22, 2021.

1. wabash slim

wabash slim I Bleed Orange

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Horseradish is for kielbasa.

T Bone likes this.
  2. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Friend of Fred

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    +1

[​IMG]

T Bone, panhead6zero and Sabato like this.
  3. afire

afire Country Gent

Look up chopped cheese. It's kind of the halfway point between a burger and a cheese steak. I made myself one the other day, and I'm in love.

T Bone and Sabato like this.
  4. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa Cruz
    I tried to like Taylor acoustics. Our local guitar store carries a ton of them. Never liked the tone on any, to bright and they felt much to processed, antiseptic, machine made

I like Guilds and Martins, beautiful tone and they look, and more importantly, feel like a human built them.

panhead6zero and wabash slim like this.
  5. Ricochet

Ricochet Senior Gretsch-Talker

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Looks a bit like a Philly put through a blender?

panhead6zero likes this.
  6. GoLeafsGo

GoLeafsGo Synchromatic

May 1, 2014
    Ajax Ontario
    I was fortunate enough to live and work in Philly and the surrounding area for about 14 years, so while not a native, I do have some cheesesteak knowledge. Pat's and Geno's are both good, but I found the best cheesesteak from some of the trucks/trailers around center city....particularly one on Market Street near 10 Penn Center...and yes, wid! They also made a terrific chicken cheesesteak, but that is for another thread. And if we are talking legendary Philly cuisine, it would have been the gnocchi with hot sausage from the Triangle Tavern! Best meal ever, went there before all the Flyers or Phillies games I went to. Sadly, last I heard it was no more.....

panhead6zero likes this.
  7. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Well now that looks interesting! Not going to be back near N.Y.C. anytime soon, might have to try and make one.

8. afire

afire Country Gent

What separates it from a loose ground beef sandwich is that you start with a patty, then break it up as it cooks. It gives you nicely browned chunks of beef along with looser bits.

Ricochet likes this.
  9. Wavey

Wavey Gretschie

Dec 31, 2016
    LWR
    This was definitely the wrong thread to read on an empty stomach! Don't know much about cheesesteak sandwiches, but I did purchase my 1973 D-35 Martin new from Arch Street Music in Philadelphia in the summer of 1973. I think Arch Street Music became 8th Street Music at some point, maybe someone more familiar with Philly can confirm that. Had some extra inlay added to the D-35 earlier this year, and plan to keep it 'til the end. BTW, that is an original Martin leather strap from 1973 as well.

IMG_2379.JPG

10. panhead6zero

panhead6zero Country Gent

Jan 17, 2015
    The Motor City
    I believe it was called 8th street music. I will ask my brother. He is 69 and I think he shopped there. Beautiful guitar and original strap!!

Wavey likes this.
  11. panhead6zero

Jan 17, 2015
    The Motor City
    to Wavey:

Yep, Brother confirmed it was 8th Street.

12. LesB3

LesB3 Electromatic

Aug 17, 2021
    Philadelphia, PA
    Nice going, T Bone... Now the SECRET is OUT.

T Bone likes this.
  13. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    Sandy Eggo
    I sold my D-35 Johnny cash for a Gibson J-100Xtra and pocketed the extra 1600 bucks, this gib is the best acoustic I've ever owned and I keep falling further in love with it actually, even bought it some twisted S&M looking leather strap from matt codina (an ode to Lennons vox python in a western motiff).
    Ive never looked back at the Martin but I kinda would like a J100 in black as a mate to this bubbinga backed beauty.

Regarding the meatwich, if you love In and Out burgers (animal style protein double double please) you sure as hell better not be moonlighting over at 5 gimps or whatabarfer. :)
    Whats funny is that IN and Out Burger, had to drop the "burger" part of their name because Motorcross and Skater kids were crossing out the B and R on their shirts and merch. As a christian
    company they not only dropped that end but also started putting bible verses on their cups.. yet adds like this still showed up in my motocross mags. :)
    [​IMG]

C9DDEC6D-7016-42C7-8D28-639232E72613.jpeg

14. Gasee

Gasee Gretschie

Jun 4, 2009
    North Wales
    mmmmmmmmmmmm Cheese steaks........

15. panhead6zero

Jan 17, 2015
    The Motor City
    Cool! We visit Arizona frequently and always stop at IN and Out!! The best anywhere!! Wow, I raced Motocross in the 70s' Never did that well, but it was a cool scene! Last bike was a 79 RM 125. My Brother and I bought a Catalina 27' Sailboat the next year. Was a good move for me....

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.