In the USA
I love a good French Dip!

+1

French-Dip-SpendWithPennies-7.jpg

radd

Friend of Fred
Dec 27, 2017
Santa Cruz
I tried to like Taylor acoustics. Our local guitar store carries a ton of them. Never liked the tone on any, to bright and they felt much to processed, antiseptic, machine made

I like Guilds and Martins, beautiful tone and they look, and more importantly, feel like a human built them.

GoLeafsGo

Synchromatic
May 1, 2014
Ajax Ontario
I was fortunate enough to live and work in Philly and the surrounding area for about 14 years, so while not a native, I do have some cheesesteak knowledge. Pat's and Geno's are both good, but I found the best cheesesteak from some of the trucks/trailers around center city....particularly one on Market Street near 10 Penn Center...and yes, wid! They also made a terrific chicken cheesesteak, but that is for another thread. And if we are talking legendary Philly cuisine, it would have been the gnocchi with hot sausage from the Triangle Tavern! Best meal ever, went there before all the Flyers or Phillies games I went to. Sadly, last I heard it was no more.....

Wavey

Gretschie
Dec 31, 2016
LWR
This was definitely the wrong thread to read on an empty stomach! Don't know much about cheesesteak sandwiches, but I did purchase my 1973 D-35 Martin new from Arch Street Music in Philadelphia in the summer of 1973. I think Arch Street Music became 8th Street Music at some point, maybe someone more familiar with Philly can confirm that. Had some extra inlay added to the D-35 earlier this year, and plan to keep it 'til the end. BTW, that is an original Martin leather strap from 1973 as well.

IMG_2379.JPG

panhead6zero

Country Gent
Jan 17, 2015
The Motor City
This was definitely the wrong thread to read on an empty stomach! Don't know much about cheesesteak sandwiches, but I did purchase my 1973 D-35 Martin new from Arch Street Music in Philadelphia in the summer of 1973. I think Arch Street Music became 8th Street Music at some point, maybe someone more familiar with Philly can confirm that. Had some extra inlay added to the D-35 earlier this year, and plan to keep it 'til the end. BTW, that is an original Martin leather strap from 1973 as well.

View attachment 171741
I believe it was called 8th street music. I will ask my brother. He is 69 and I think he shopped there. Beautiful guitar and original strap!!

LesB3

Gretschie
Aug 17, 2021
Philadelphia, PA
...Which brings me to the Roast Pork Sandwhich, according to a few locals I know, the real star of Philadelphia sandwiches. Both Dinic's and John's do really good Steaks, as well as some of the best Roast Pork sandwiches in Philly. And yes, I've tried several other places for both, many good choices, most uniquely their own take on these.

Nice going, T Bone... Now the SECRET is OUT.

TV the Wired Turtle

Gretschified
Jul 25, 2009
Sandy Eggo
I grew up near Philly and there were two prominent cheese steak joints, Pat's Steaks and Geno's. If you went to Pat's you never went to Geno's and vice versa. My question is, (ready Rich, aka Thunder 58), Do Martin guitar players ever buy Taylor? Do Taylor guitar players buy Martins? I know some Giubson players have Fenders, but curious about the higher end accoustic world.

I sold my D-35 Johnny cash for a Gibson J-100Xtra and pocketed the extra 1600 bucks, this gib is the best acoustic I've ever owned and I keep falling further in love with it actually, even bought it some twisted S&M looking leather strap from matt codina (an ode to Lennons vox python in a western motiff).
Ive never looked back at the Martin but I kinda would like a J100 in black as a mate to this bubbinga backed beauty.

Regarding the meatwich, if you love In and Out burgers (animal style protein double double please) you sure as hell better not be moonlighting over at 5 gimps or whatabarfer. :)
Whats funny is that IN and Out Burger, had to drop the "burger" part of their name because Motorcross and Skater kids were crossing out the B and R on their shirts and merch. As a christian
company they not only dropped that end but also started putting bible verses on their cups.. yet adds like this still showed up in my motocross mags. :)
innoutad2016.jpg

C9DDEC6D-7016-42C7-8D28-639232E72613.jpeg

panhead6zero

Country Gent
Jan 17, 2015
The Motor City
I sold my D-35 Johnny cash for a Gibson J-100Xtra and pocketed the extra 1600 bucks, this gib is the best acoustic I've ever owned and I keep falling further in love with it actually, even bought it some twisted S&M looking leather strap from matt codina (an ode to Lennons vox python in a western motiff).
Ive never looked back at the Martin but I kinda would like a J100 in black as a mate to this bubbinga backed beauty.

Regarding the meatwich, if you love In and Out burgers (animal style protein double double please) you sure as hell better not be moonlighting over at 5 gimps or whatabarfer. :)
Whats funny is that IN and Out Burger, had to drop the "burger" part of their name because Motorcross and Skater kids were crossing out the B and R on their shirts and merch. As a christian
company they not only dropped that end but also started putting bible verses on their cups.. yet adds like this still showed up in my motocross mags. :)
innoutad2016.jpg

View attachment 172147
Cool! We visit Arizona frequently and always stop at IN and Out!! The best anywhere!! Wow, I raced Motocross in the 70s' Never did that well, but it was a cool scene! Last bike was a 79 RM 125. My Brother and I bought a Catalina 27' Sailboat the next year. Was a good move for me....

Latest posts