Cheap New Yorkers in the UK

GretschSwing

Country Gent
Jan 27, 2014
Howell, MI
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'll mention again that I love mine -- the non-PU model. For sure, with regard to visual aesthetics, they're not all fancied up , but they're very authentic-sounding acoustic archtops; great for the money.

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
Nice guitars. I couldn't help but notice the 20% VAT. We in the colonies had a slight disagreement 240 years ago about that kind of thing. I'm glad our politicos haven't thought of that yet.

englishman

Gretschified
Apr 5, 2014
Detroit
Not sure if it still exists, but some cafes used to mix up the leftover cabbage and mashed potatoes and fry it up. Remember it when I was. Kid.

DrumBob

Friend of Fred
Feb 2, 2011
New Jersey
OK, now I know what it is. Doesn't sound too appetizing, but that's just me. I thought bubble and squeak was champagne. At least I know what bangers and mash is. I wouldn't eat that either. I played an Irish style pub several weeks ago that served bangers and mash.

cowmoo

Country Gent
Aug 19, 2011
North Wales
I still make it sometimes, with carrots in the mix and mushrooms in soy sauce all piled on toast. lavished with brown sauce :p

catfish72

Synchromatic
Oct 23, 2011
London, UK
I made bubble and squeak yesterday with the leftovers from our Christmas dinner. I also love bangers and mash, not many things are as comforting and tasty as good olde bangers and mash. :)

OldCowHand

Country Gent
Sep 24, 2015
Kent, England.
Not sure if it still exists, but some cafes used to mix up the leftover cabbage and mashed potatoes and fry it up. Remember it when I was. Kid.
Yes, it still exists. Some onion is usually added, and it's not against the rules to throw in any old other veg. I've never had it out, only at home, and I had some last night.

It sounds awful, but it's actually very good if seasoned and cooked properly.

Bubble and squeak is also rhyming slang for someone from Greece.

Last edited:

Chris MC

Gretschie
Oct 27, 2014
Orange, Aus
Partial to a bit of bubble and squeak, and love my NewYorker. Spent the last couple of days playing around with the riff from dave rawlings new song "short haired woman blues", which sounded better on the Newyorker than it did tapped out on a plate of fried leftovers.