Charlie here

Mrlease

Electromatic
Sep 30, 2022
Maryland, USA
I've been wanting a Gretsch Country Gentleman since seeing George Harrison play one back in the early 60's. Wound up buying Fenders, Epiphone, Washburn, and PRS but never a Gretsch.
Fast forward 55 years and I now have purchased 3 so far this year.
G5422G-12
G5220
G5420TG Limited Edition in Cadillac Green (favorite)

I'm running out of money 🤑

Bob Perrone

Synchromatic
Mar 7, 2017
allentown, pa
Ha! Sounds like me! I started playing when I was 8 years old back in 1962. The Country Gent was, and always was, my dream guitar. Fast forward to 2015 after looking at vintage CG's and being disappointed in the extreme wear and tear (and high prices) when I found the Vintage Select model - the '62 issue. I had been saving for years and I was finally able to pull the trigger on an impeccably made Japanese Vintage Select. Best guitar available anywhere. Tonal pallet practically unlimited and build quality (with TV Jones pups) that blows my mind. Perfect instrument - literally. Love my Tele and Jazzmaster and all the other instruments in my stable but that Country Gentleman is the king, hands down. Worth every penny and all the years saving for one.

Back in Black

Country Gent
Double Platinum Member
Jun 22, 2020
Ontario Canada
I've been wanting a Gretsch Country Gentleman since seeing George Harrison play one back in the early 60's. Wound up buying Fenders, Epiphone, Washburn, and PRS but never a Gretsch.
G5422G-12
G5220

Hey ML,

Welcome.

I always thought it would be nice to have a ''George'' CG as well, never did buy one.

Did manage an early ''George'' Duo Jet re-issue.

Mine is about 20 years old now.

Have the rest of the ''family'' as well. All except the CG, that is!

Time flies playing old Beatles songs.

Best,

BIB.

IMG_0231.JPG IMG_0226.JPG IMG_0225.JPG

Baba Joe

Gretschie
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 17, 2010
new jersey
Congrats. I think it was about 53 years from that fateful day in February 1964 when I finalized that dream. Great guitar.

THS3171

Gretschie
Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2020
Germany
Hello and welcome! If there are no photos, it never happened ;)

It's a well-known problem that many suffer from here:

gentlemanbass

Gretschie
Aug 28, 2011
mactier
G5422G-12
G5220

73F3567E-B353-4DDF-B0B5-6E5061E604C3.jpeg
Same but the bass route.
A 67 modded 6070, 68 6072 & 63 6070
Latest is also Cadillac Green.

Highroller

Country Gent
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2015
Portland, OR
Welcome to the forum, Charlie!

Sounds like you're picking up some of those bucket-list guitars a little later in life. I've done a bit of that myself over the last few years. No point in waiting until you're too old to enjoy them. Play 'em now while you can!

Congratulations!