Change tuners on a 2622 streamliner

Buggerlugs

Electromatic
Jul 1, 2022
Yorkshire
hi guys just a quick question has anyone changed their tuners if which ones did you choice , to be honest I don’t like the ones I have, seem to go sharp the next morning I have played , this is in reference to my accoustic that only needs a tweak every couple of days , it has to be the tuners surely un less I have an issues elsewhere ? Thanks

Randy99CL

Country Gent
Feb 17, 2020
Albuquerque
Quite a few of my guitars go sharp when I don't play them for a couple of days. I first noticed because I thought that was odd.

I don't know if it is a problem, actually. And I wouldn't think it was the tuners, do you think that they are getting tighter as they sit??

I suspect that it is from normal weather changes. I live in a desert area with wide temperature and humidity changes everyday.

101dam

Electromatic
Mar 21, 2010
hi guys just a quick question has anyone changed their tuners if which ones did you choice , to be honest I don’t like the ones I have, seem to go sharp the next morning I have played , this is in reference to my accoustic that only needs a tweak every couple of days , it has to be the tuners surely un less I have an issues elsewhere ? Thanks
I bought my Streamliner Center Block jr. as a husk, and found some Ebay PRS tuners cheap when the owner upgraded his guitar to locking tuners. So I installed them with a fixed tailpiece instead of a tremolo Bigsby just for tuning stability. I can't vouch for the effects of your environment, but I have gotten good results with my 9 gauge set of bronze strings. My 2nd choice, (because of the higher price), would be a set of Grover Rotomatics. I use them on my Epiphone LP and G400.

Attachments

• 11-21  Stream 17A.jpg
    11-21 Stream 17A.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 8
  • PRS Brite.jpg
    PRS Brite.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 8

calebaaron666

Friend of Fred
Aug 15, 2018
Auburn, Maine
When I had a 2622T I replaced the tuners with Grover 502 Rotogrip locking tuners. Direct fit and easy to install. I didn’t even change the strings.
4DE2880A-C412-4FA3-814A-E22E0591CB0C.jpeg
1836542D-BA6E-4078-8DA3-97AC5B09D7A0.jpeg

Stingray70

Electromatic
Oct 18, 2021
Michigan
If your guitar is going sharp it isn't the tuners. Going flat maybe but not sharp. Where I live guitars generally go sharp in the spring and summer and flat in the winter from humidity.

fuzz guy

Electromatic
Mar 20, 2022
Adelaide, South Australia
Issues with tuning stability are never the tuning machines, it is often a problem with the nut not being cut as well as it could. If all strings are going out of tune about the same amount it's most likely environmental changes.

Latest posts