Can someone please measure the Hot Rod Badge on the Brian Setzer headstock?

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by ZanesDaddy73, Jan 17, 2020.

1. ZanesDaddy73

ZanesDaddy73 Electromatic

I am designing a head stock badge for my 5420T and I like to size of the badge on the Brian Setzer Hot Rod models. If someone can measure it for me that would be amazing! Also the thickness. I plan on taking my custom artwork and logo to a trophy shop to get it made. Also if anyone can take a closeup pic of it that would be cool. Thanks!

thunder58 and GlenP like this.
  2. CaliforniaSlim

CaliforniaSlim Gretschie

Jul 21, 2016
    I believe it is 1" x 1.25" . If no one has that locked down by tonight, I will measure to be sure Screenshot 2020-01-17 at 2.26.35 PM.jpg

T Bone and ZanesDaddy73 like this.
  3. rot hodder

rot hodder Electromatic

Feb 6, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    ^Agreed 1" x 1.25". Screw holes spaced 0.795" x 1.00".
    My Hot Rod sits about 1 metre away from me here, measured with electronic verniers.

ZanesDaddy73 and thunder58 like this.
  4. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Just a heads up ....... I once took a " truss rod cover " to my local trophy shop to be engraved also . Good thing I gave him 3 covers to work with as he burned right through the first 2 . He said he was using some type of " laser burner / engraver " . Just wanted to give you a head up . Here's the cover , but it was a little too big for my liking . I wanted more of a ( Gibson ) 335 size . ( BTW - sold the guitar ) IMG_0006.JPG

ZanesDaddy73 likes this.
  5. ZanesDaddy73

ZanesDaddy73 Electromatic

Wow you guys are all awesome thank you so much!!

thunder58 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.