can I put a duesenberg les trem ii on my gretsch g2622

qwerty

Electromatic
Sep 26, 2022
new york, united states
I have been wondering about putting a tremolo on my g2622 and I have been thinking about using a duesenberg les trem ii because I could just swap out the stop tail for the tremolo. but before I buy it I just want some clarification that everything would work. if any of you know the answer please tell me that it would be really helpful

Randy99CL

Country Gent
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 17, 2020
Albuquerque
Don't know if anyone here has tried it but it is easy enough to measure the posts to make sure they are at 3.2" spacing.
If you can't do that try contacting Duesy, they should know.

And you will need the metric screws.

THS3171

Gretschie
Jan 20, 2020
Germany
Have one on mine and it fits:

• Mounts to the threaded collars on the Stop Tail Piece
  • Very simple installation, no drilling or miling required, just screw tightly into the two existing threaded collars
  • New version with rounded arm for ideal handling
  • 4 Mounting screws included, 2 x metric threading, 2 x imperial threading

IMG_20201117_180956.jpg
IMG_20201118_165309.jpg

Last edited:

THS3171

Gretschie
Jan 20, 2020
Germany
I use the trem lightly and have no issues with tuning stability. But of course this must also be taken into account under certain circumstances. qwerty (and others too) have to decide for themselves whether they want a roller bridge or not. There are countless discussions about downforce, sustain and so on. It has to fit one's ear, feel and mojo 😊

Last edited:

Miguello

Gretschie
Feb 10, 2020
Houston, TX
I tried one I bought on three different guitars, it was WAY WAY WAY too long on everything except an Epiphone 339. It was also very stiff when at a comfortable length after removing the bend from the arm, and had a tendency to strip the ball ends off of strings in the guise of a tuning issue. I got so disgusted with it after spending $150 on it, that I threw it into a ziploc bag and haven't looked at it since. YMMV, but I absolutely and completely HATED it. That is not a strong enough word.....

Latest posts