Cadillac Green (Looks Blue To Me) Gretsch Country Gentleman

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by ZackyDog, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    new6659 and ZackyDog like this.
  2. new6659

new6659 Country Gent

My G5435TCG looks to be the new version of Cadillac Green. It was made in 2017 and often looks almost black.
    upload_2021-1-16_23-48-17.png

ZackyDog likes this.
  3. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Friend of Fred

Jan 19, 2012
    Maldon UK
    My dad is totally red/green colour blind, they all look like brown to him. I've a few problems with green/grey and avoid all green guitars as I've been unlucky with green in the past. Totalled 2 green cars and 3 green bikes.

4. Huh, i have to laugh at your comment because as a young person i once went for a job as a car salesman while studying. Anyway i turned up to the interview with a green tie ( they were trendy then) and the guy interviewing me said that if i wanted the job i could not wear a green tie at the dealership because the owner of the business believes they are unlucky. I laughed at the comment in disbelief, but they never called me back for a second interview and i never heard from them again.

In reply to the thread i do think the new color borders on Teal /Blue definitely more Green than Blue but it does depend on the lighting. I still think the new color is one of the most beautiful guitar colors i've ever seen.

5. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    In the pic it looks blue to me, almost Prussian. I agree Cadillac green it is not.

Safest bet is to simply call it a dark blue-green or green-blue, covering a suitable wide range.
    Teal is officially defined as equal parts blue and green, which seems not the case here.

6. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Friend of Fred

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    Here's another one---Cadillac Green Metallic---that I located here

I see more green when it is under the lights. Note: this is not the one in the original post.

cg.jpg cg1.jpg cg2.jpg cg4.jpg cg5.jpg

new6659 likes this.
  7. Axis39

Axis39 Country Gent

Jun 2, 2008
    Beaumont, CA
    Back in the early 90's I remember Cadillac came out with a car and the color was so beautiful. It was this deep, dark green... A little lighter than British Racing Green, and it had a very fine metal flake in it.

I loved that color. But, when I found out what Cadillac called it, I was truly smitten... It was officially named 'Money Green'.

So ridiculous. So ostentatious. So disgustingly 90's. But, it made me laugh and that was enough.

Never did get a car that color, though. But, I love Gretsch's Cadillac Green and gold combo!

Drifter likes this.
  8. Drifter

Drifter Gretschie

Dec 27, 2012
    Fun City
    The custom shop uses the right color

[​IMG]

new6659, Axis39 and JC higgy like this.
  9. slickfaster

slickfaster Synchromatic

Dec 29, 2009
    USA
  10. AllenK

AllenK Gretschie

11. JC higgy

JC higgy Gretschified

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Man,that CS Falcon is gorgeous!:cool:

Even though the selector switch is a little low on the bout....

Drifter likes this.
  12. afire

afire Country Gent

I believe Curt Wilson of Old School Guitars doesn't think it actually was a standard automotive color. And he had a decades long career in the paint trade before opening his repair shop. He has his own formula for it.

13. afire

afire Country Gent

14. rze99

rze99 Gretschie

Aug 8, 2017
    London, England
    I like this a lot. Ambiguous. Dark Teal on my iPhone screen. Dig it. A lot more than I do Cadillac Green elsewhere in the thread.

ZackyDog likes this.
  15. rze99

rze99 Gretschie

Aug 8, 2017
    London, England
    ZackyDog likes this.
  16. Drifter

Drifter Gretschie

Dec 27, 2012
    Fun City
    For me personally, I prefer the newer Cadillac green, its awesome and goes so good with the gold hardware.
    The more historic Cadillac green is nice as well but not for me compared to the new Cadillac green :(
    I do think the VS line should be the historically correct color of green (or close to it).

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.