Cabronita with the TVJ T-90s {T-Armond Mount}

ruger9

Country Gent
Nov 1, 2008
NJ
I agree, the TA mount in the T90s just makes the pick ups look so much better, do you notice a difference on sound at all?

Honestly, it's been too long since I had the soap bars for me to say. If there's any difference at all, it's subtle. That's about as concrete as I can get with the comparison after so much time.

Merc

Friend of Fred
May 6, 2017
Florida
I never realized TV offered the surrounds. Is that an ad on that you can add to an existing TA soapbar? It looks super classy!

ruger9

Country Gent
Nov 1, 2008
NJ
I never realized TV offered the surrounds. Is that an ad on that you can add to an existing TA soapbar? It looks super classy!
I don't think so, you have to buy them that way. TV doesn't sell parts and doesn't do custom work (unless your a star).

Merc

Friend of Fred
May 6, 2017
Florida
I don't think so, you have to buy them that way. TV doesn't sell parts and doesn't do custom work (unless your a star).

Thank you. Maybe at some point I’ll email and see if I can buy the whole cover and just swap out at some point. I love the look.

NJDevil

Country Gent
Jul 9, 2014
Commack, NY
@ruger9 .... Wow, I love this! Bad luck for me that I just picked up a new Tele that I caught a ton of guff for from my wife. I'll explain more in a NGD thread but yeah, love the TA Surrounds.

NJDevil

Country Gent
Jul 9, 2014
Commack, NY
Will this be a Tele All Tale?
Such an impulsive purchase, that I don't even know all about it!! I want to take pics and create a thread but a bit of a virus and a fever has me in wimp mode. It's right next to me by the couch so I've been noodling with it unplugged.

ruger9

Country Gent
Nov 1, 2008
NJ
Honestly, those look just as good. Not sure about that slice of leftover Salami though. 😛
haha I replaced the black pickguard on day 1. Black looks good on white, not on vintage white/cream... no to me anyway. I knew when I clicked "buy it now" it was going to have a tortoise guard.

ruger9

Country Gent
Nov 1, 2008
NJ
Looks great... thinking of getting these for my Double Jet. How do they sound?
They sound great! Perfectly balanced with each other. I think they are a little clearer than Gibson-style P90s, but they are VERY powerful/loud.

Faye

Gretschie
Mar 10, 2019
Derbyshire
They sound great! Perfectly balanced with each other. I think they are a little clearer than Gibson-style P90s, but they are VERY powerful/loud.

Thanks. I know these things only translate roughly, but they seem to have a similar output to the P90s I'm used to.

By clearer, would you say they have some of the top end sparkle of a filtertron? I suppose I'm hoping for something between a standard P90 and the blacktop filters currently in my guitar.... so clarity, but with plenty of mids...

ruger9

Country Gent
Nov 1, 2008
NJ
Thanks. I know these things only translate roughly, but they seem to have a similar output to the P90s I'm used to.

By clearer, would you say they have some of the top end sparkle of a filtertron? I suppose I'm hoping for something between a standard P90 and the blacktop filters currently in my guitar.... so clarity, but with plenty of mids...

I think that's exactly what they are, a cross between a P90 and a Filtertron, leaning heavily P90. I have also has Filtertrons (and Powertrons) and T-Armonds, and Rio Grande BBQ'Trons (even more powerful than anything TVJ makes) in the same guitar, so I think I've got a good base of tonal comparison.

Latest posts