Buried the hatchet

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Winnie Thomas, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Winnie Thomas

Winnie Thomas Gretschie

Jun 13, 2011
    Cochise AZ
    Drum Bob and I just got off the phone after a long conversation and buried the hatchet. We had a pleasant conversation.

2. DrumBob

DrumBob Friend of Fred

Feb 2, 2011
    New Jersey
    I misunderstood Winnie's comment and I believe he may have misunderstood mine. Now, everything is good. We have NJ in common, and it looks like he makes some very cool amps. Check them out at www.winfieldamps.com.

This all could have been avoided if we could have heard each others tone of voice.

3. Dostegrar

Dostegrar Country Gent

Nov 5, 2013
    Delta,b.c.
    It is difficult to portray tone or meaning in type sometimes. That's why we have these.:confused:;):D:mad:

4. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Very mature and responsible posts from you both. That's one of the reasons this forum is so special, people behaving (mostly) like grownups. The kind of people you would be happy to invite home for dinner and a few beverages.

5. englishman

englishman Gretschified

Apr 5, 2014
    Detroit
    Glad to hear it, it was clearly a misunderstanding from the getgo.

6. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    I'm glad to hear it. I was surprised at the way it all happened, but misunderstandings arise especially on line.

7. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    Thanks for being mature gentlemen. You both do this forum great credit.

8. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Glad that is resolved. Nice work gentlemen!;)

9. JHall55

JHall55 Country Gent

Dec 18, 2012
    Ontario
    Kudos. Best forum around.

10. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    Thanks to both of you for working this out.

One of the biggest problems with posts on the Internet or emails is that we don't have the advantage of non-verbal cues. I've seen plenty of online disputes in my day and the overwhelming majority stem back to misunderstanding one another's intentions. I'm not immune, I've gotten angry at something I've read more than once, only to later realize that I had misapprehended the intentions of the person making the post.

If I might, I'd like to offer some advice. Most of the people on this forum are good people. All of the people on this forum are human; which is to say that they have good days and bad days. I'll use myself as an example. A few months ago I got pretty steamed about some replies to a thread I had started. It was out of character for me, but I was going through a rough time in my life and it bled over into my posts. When we see someone's post we have no idea of their state of mind. They could be digesting some bad news, could be facing serious medical problems or just consumed with the everyday anxieties of life.

Let me suggest that we all pause and take the time to give out forum friends the benefit of the doubt before we respond. Most of the people here are well intended. Time after time I have seen that born out as I've gotten to know people on the forum.

This forum is a valuable place for me to come and relax at the end of the day. It's cheaper than Scotch and easier on the liver. I suspect that it's relaxing to others too. Let's keep it a friendly place.

11. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    We've all been there. Cudos to both gentlemen.

12. Joe90

Joe90 Synchromatic

Jul 6, 2014
    Canada
    Good that you two talked it out.

13. Perry Bryant

Perry Bryant Synchromatic

Jan 12, 2012
    Sharpsburg, GA
    Glad it's all worked out.

14. JimmyB1982

JimmyB1982 Country Gent

Jul 5, 2012
    Saugus, CA
    And this is why I love this forum! Thanks for setting the bar guys, and being mature enough to post regarding the reconciliation as well. It takes class :D

15. Sakana

Sakana Gretschie

Nov 12, 2012
    Denmark
    Love this forum!
    This is one of the reasons.

16. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    We're all friends here

17. Electrosynthesis

Electrosynthesis Electromatic

May 11, 2011
    São Paulo
  18. pilgrim

pilgrim Country Gent

Jun 15, 2010
    Mississippi
    "Let me suggest that we all pause and take the time to give out forum friends the benefit of the doubt before we respond. Most of the people here are well intended. Time after time I have seen that born out as I've gotten to know people on the forum. "

We all have to come up with windmills after we turn 60 ! That's why I became a Minister, I have no dog in any fight but God's causes as He reveals them.

19. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    We are all human. Some days you are just on the edge and the tiniest little push can send you off........I've been there too and probably will be again. However, ya'll handled it exactly right and are a testament to why this forum seems to work. Nice job boys, nice job........

20. LA Miles

LA Miles Country Gent

Dec 6, 2012
    UPSTATE NY
    Kudos to you both...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.