[Build] Pedalboard

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by araT, Sep 19, 2010.

1. I love girls who can build stuff. Real nice looking board Tara. Real nice!

Bengal, if you're not already doing it, that ps has a lot more capacity than it has outputs. I put a pen to things, and then called Voodoo Labs. Bought a few cables from them that split the output into two jacks, powering 2 pedals. I keep the bigger draw/more frequent used pedals on their single lead.

Tara, you sure have an impressive corral of guitars. Like mentioned, there's only one thing missing, a hollow body. Have said it before, I can't think of a finer hollow GreTsch for you than the 6119-62HT. No gold trim, light and comfortable, and you've already got Filters and Dynas.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  2. araT

araT Gretschified

Mar 24, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Thanks Dave :D I really appreciate it! :D

Yes, yes, you've already given me sufficient HT-TRose GAS, trust me, as soon as I'm in Germany & I can shop for guitars again I'll be getting one (and my Jag, and a thinline tele) to make up for lost time :D I wonder who'll hold out longest - you with your CGJet or me with my TRose.. :p

3. my pleasure...that's a good question, too. When're you going to Germany?

4. araT

araT Gretschified

Mar 24, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Late next April - our stuff (all my guitars minus two - the Les Paul will be sold, and the Tele Custom will be with me in my suitcase in pieces) will be arriving mid/late June I'd imagine, so we'll have to have found a place to rent by then.. once that's all settled I can start shopping :D

I have the feeling (read: I hope) you'll beat me :D

5. dirtyroger

dirtyroger Electromatic

Oct 3, 2010
    Brizzle, UK
    I'm impressed with the quality of the build, i especially like the finishing to the edges.

Do you intend to use this gigging? If so do you to build a case for it?

What a sexy selction of guitars you have :eek:

6. Late April...woo hoo!!

7. araT

araT Gretschified

Mar 24, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Thanks so much dirtyroger :D glad you dig it! I really appreciate the compliments on the build quality :)

And glad you dig the family too!! I love my babies!!

I'm really not much of a gigger (right now - though that might be changing soon), I jam with friends from time to time though so I like having it easy to move! I'm sure eventually that'll change, but for now the intent was "nice gear needs nice home"

When it comes time for the big move I'll be building/buying (depending on money/time & which is more precious) a roadcase for it, along with the amp, and a big ol "closet" style box with slotted compartments for all the guitars..

WOOHOO! is right! hah! Tomorrow wouldn't be soon enough the way I'm feeling right now :D

8. 6stings

6stings Friend of Fred

Aug 14, 2010
    Norway
    PP2+ will work just fine with your Bosses. I think your Vox will be happy with it too. There's always some used on ebay. I got 2 used PP2+ myself, and even one AC for some Mesa Twins. No problems with daisy chains, PP2+ has enough mA to deliver Vs to all your pedals.

How do you manage to take the photo from the ceiling? Nice view :)

D

9. araT

araT Gretschified

Mar 24, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Thanks Darko!

I was up the ladder, with my hands & head against the ceiling hahaha :cool::D

I decided to just stick it out with my daisy chain, it's silent & doesn't create any problems, so I wont bother throwing money after something that won't "improve" anything - when I start messing with different pedals & need more options than just 2.1mm tip negative 9Vs I'll probably buy a BBE Supa Charger.. :D

10. LittleRedRooster

LittleRedRooster Synchromatic

Dec 10, 2009
    Falls Church VA
    Family portrait

And a beautiful family they are.

11. funnyorangeguitar

funnyorangeguitar Synchromatic

Jan 6, 2010
    Australia
    Looks good. Looks like you are running parralels out from the supply. Is there anything in Voodoo Labs claim for isolated supplies in pedal chains or is this hyperbole. What are your thoughts?

Thanks

J

12. araT

araT Gretschified

Mar 24, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Thanks J! :D The finished pictures are on Page 2 if you want to see them!

There is definitely something to the claims of BBE & Voodoo Labs having isolated supplies - if you have noisy pedals it cuts back on that, I'm lucky in that even with several pedals engaged (including the wah, which is notorious) I don't have any noise issues so I haven't needed to cough up for one (as yet).. I tend to fix my pedals rather than mask the symptoms with isolated power.

Don't bother with un-isolated power supplies like the Dunlop DC brick, you may as well use a cheap daisy chain like I do & save yourself $100 as they do the same thing.

13. funnyorangeguitar

funnyorangeguitar Synchromatic

Jan 6, 2010
    Australia
    Hi Tara

Thanks for that advise. Voodoo labs for me then. I've got to power a Line 6 box and the Pedal Power 2 thingy has a high current set of outputs.

Keep well

J

14. araT

araT Gretschified

Mar 24, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    A small addition for this thread:

Tonight I built a mini version of this board out of leftovers from the main build, just big enough to contain my 3 main pedals... this is my portable version for jams... the handles are in the post, and I can't find any aluminium siding skinny enough to complete the look, but apart from that it's a pretty wicked little thing!

So far I have it running on batteries, but I might buy a power-all for it...

[​IMG]

15. S. Rock

S. Rock Friend of Fred

I added another pedal to my board. I got a Boss DD7 Digital Delay. of course, I found it at a reduced price. :D

16. araT

araT Gretschified

Mar 24, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Way to go Sarge! DD7s are great.. I love my DD3.

I ended finding a handle from the kitchen cupboards, have shortened the screws but have to wait till tomorrow to fire up the drill (it's 1am)... also found a 9V 300mA power supply in my box of toys, so all I need to do now is order a 3 tipped right-angle daisy chain :D ...total cost for the mini pedalboard? €2 for the daisy chain, lol

More pics when it's done tomorrow :)

17. araT

araT Gretschified

Mar 24, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Final update on the micro-board:

The handle is on, works perfectly as a cable holder, too :D and a 3 pronged right-angle daisy chain is in the mail.. having a lot of fun with it! great to be able to move my most used pedals around without having to schlep the whole board...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  18. LATS

LATS Country Gent

Jan 3, 2010
    Kanata, Ontario
    No Atomic Brain? :confused:

19. Crooner

Crooner Friend of Fred

Apr 15, 2009
    Boston
    Ooh. I likey the handle placement. Sexah!

20. Now you got me thinking. I don't like my flat plastic velcro board. Even though i am trying to reduce pedals, i need a small, sturdy one that will hold a tuner, brain, and maybe a delay, but that might go as well. Very nice. Its good to be handy with tools. i am handicapped in that area.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.