Brian Setzer "Smoke" or American Original Telecaster?

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by mgomes, Jul 28, 2021.

1. mgomes

mgomes Electromatic

Oct 23, 2020
    Portugal
    Thanks sgarnett! I actually think the original pickguard color and lettering is perfect, I just hate signatures, except in places like back of headstock, not really visible and doesn't bother me.

2. sanhozay

sanhozay Electromatic

Mar 17, 2014
    usa
    smoke, no contest. but if you were comparing against a cs nocaster i'd go the nocaster, every time. my setzer {non smoke} is KILLAH but it doesn't have my '95 nocaster beat. tele's do everything and you can hit the upper registers with a lot les effort. they are not cumbersome to play standing up and are joyous to play. easy to work on, fun to mod, well suited for any genre & any niche. a 612o is a fantastic guitar and does certain things very well. a tele does everything extremely well.

mgomes likes this.
  3. JC higgy

JC higgy Gretschified

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Smoke.

But then i've been playin' a 6120 of some sort or another for the last 33 years,so i would say that wouldn't i.:)

sanhozay, G5422T and mgomes like this.
  4. Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart Electromatic

Aug 4, 2017
    Hall
    Maybe this helps.
    After more than 10 years of wanting and weighing about which 6120 to choose
    I sold my much beloved Volvo in January to buy myself a brand-new BS Smoke. No regrets though, not even for a split second. Just play it. Awesome is only beginning to describe this fabulous instrument.
    Specifically wanted to have one that was build in 2020, for obvious reasons. Therefor it took me some serious effort to lay my hands on this example. So to cut a long story short, if you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

Reminds me to put some pics on this forum…. to be continued.

mgomes likes this.
  5. j.s.c

j.s.c Country Gent

Aug 19, 2008
    france
    Buy the telecaster if you have a boat without motor.

2021-07-30 16.15.34  ffbcf4ed4e5e.png

Seeing this documentary, maybe you will need two telecasters...

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    new6659 and mgomes like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.