Billy Bo / Jupiter Thunderbird questions

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by BohemianLikeMe, Nov 3, 2020.

1. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Here you go:
    Billy-Bo Electromatic.jpg

2. cowmoo

cowmoo Country Gent

Aug 19, 2011
    North Wales
    JC higgy likes this.
  3. Byron

Byron Country Gent

Sep 4, 2009
    uk
    I'd be happy to see the rectangle. They got all the parts to make the red front, black back and neck, plus Dyna style pups. But wwe got a woody neck, gold hardware, gretchbucker and a host of other stuff. Why do a tribute that barely resembles the original? Maybe it's the Bono Bo, or the Avril Bo. Lady Ga Ga Bo. I'm too sharp today.

calebaaron666 likes this.
  4. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Love it ! Livin' the dream right here at Gretsch-talk ;)

audept likes this.
  5. BohemianLikeMe

BohemianLikeMe Gretschie

Apr 18, 2020
    Prague, CZ
    cowmoo likes this.
  6. Byron

Byron Country Gent

Sep 4, 2009
    uk
    I look at mine and wonder about whether I should keep it. If you'd like to discuss a sale BohemianLikeMe, let me know. My price would be a lot better than the one mentioned here...hoping the seller isn't a local!

BohemianLikeMe likes this.
  7. Byron

Byron Country Gent

Sep 4, 2009
    uk
    Plu syou mentioned selling some vintage gear, any ideas about what they would be? Just curious, of course!

8. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Gretschified

Oct 18, 2015
    Germany
    I have very positive experiences with the Powertron. It sounds like a cross between an regular Gibson PAF and a Filtertron. Nice combination.

9. BohemianLikeMe

BohemianLikeMe Gretschie

Apr 18, 2020
    Prague, CZ
    Well, some bulky stuff like some old analog polysynths, possibly a vintage Selmer or two (though that's probably less up your alley since they're everywhere in the UK), a Burman cab, some old Czechoslovak/East German amplifiers as well. :D

I was hoping to move most of it locally, since shipping costs are getting pretty steep and I've had horrible experiences with Czech Post during the lockdown. But if you're interested, drop me a PM and I'll price some stuff out and we can talk. Also, let me know if you decide to sell the Billy Bo! ;)

10. BohemianLikeMe

BohemianLikeMe Gretschie

Apr 18, 2020
    Prague, CZ
    Also, if I can ask a favor of yinz with Billy Bos and tape measures in the listening audience, would anyone be willing to give me some dimensions? Width across body, body depth, length? :cool:

11. Byron

Byron Country Gent

Sep 4, 2009
    uk
    I can take those measurements and if it's useful, photograph it alongside another guitar.. a jag, tele, duo jet or 6120. Will do tomorrow when lockdown kicks off here!

12. mrcoffee23

mrcoffee23 Gretschie

Sep 23, 2009
    Virginia, USA
  13. BohemianLikeMe

BohemianLikeMe Gretschie

Apr 18, 2020
    Prague, CZ
    Thanks! I appreciate it, Byron!

14. Stefan87

Stefan87 Country Gent

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nothing to add to the thread other then yeah I would love and electro billybo too, Gretsch seriously needs to do one, they would sell so many, I want one just purely for the looks as it's one of the coolest guitars around.

15. Red Elrond

Red Elrond Electromatic

Apr 9, 2010
    Austin, TX
  16. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
  17. BohemianLikeMe

BohemianLikeMe Gretschie

Apr 18, 2020
    Prague, CZ
    Is that a custom shop one? I've never seen one with the mud switch before! Looks awesome.

18. nedray

nedray Electromatic

May 2, 2009
    SATX
    https://www.fullersguitar.com/listi...fsr-fullers-exclusive-western-orange/36023095

Fullers Guitars in Houston has a bunch of BB Customs made for them. I played one of the western ones about a month ago and almost brought it home. It was very light weight, responsive, and the tone is sort of what I'd call "chewy," like Billy's. They have them in the western finish, blue and lacquer Penguin for $400 more. I prolly would have bought it, but went in looking for a 6122-62vs and that's what I bought.

19. BohemianLikeMe

BohemianLikeMe Gretschie

Apr 18, 2020
    Prague, CZ
    I gotta say, as nice as they undoubtedly are, I'm not really into the Western finish on the 6199. Like it's a great finish, but it looks best on a 6120 or a Round Up Jet. The blue looks good though.

20. Byron

Byron Country Gent

Sep 4, 2009
    uk
    I'm thinking of moving my Billy Bo on, anyone interested in a classic guitar at a good price? Prefer to sell in UK and Europe, send me a PM if interested. Great condition including case and paperwork. Photos coming soon

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.