Bigsby Telecaster Bridge Pitch

Discussion in 'The Great Bigsby forum' started by Fasteddie42, Oct 28, 2021.

1. Fasteddie42

Fasteddie42 Gretschie

Sep 18, 2018
    tip of the mitt
    this bridge would be useful for folks who want to use a chopped b16 or b5 style wangbar on a telecaster.

Here's the pitch:

a variation of the fender telecaster "bigsby" bridge plate

[​IMG]

same basic design except for two alterations.

1. vintage style 4 screw telecaster foot print, drop in fit.

2. instead of the two bridge post hole, a open area to accommodate the normal sorkin bowtie or whittled wood baseplate (like on the b16).

[​IMG]

If I'm not mistaken it would allow folks to make no invasive or permanent mods to switch between traditional telecaster or a TK smith style set up.

It would also allow for a fender telecaster bigsby without the need to bore out bridge post holes.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  2. mister rain

mister rain Gretschie

Apr 23, 2020
    new orleans
    who would ever take a bigsby off a tele?

Outlaw and J Bird like this.
  3. IPLAYLOUD

IPLAYLOUD Electromatic

Aug 2, 2011
    Long Island
    I like the chopped B16 idea. :)

Ando likes this.
  4. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    Sandy Eggo
    TK SMith Telecasters.jpg TK SMith Ketchup.jpg This plate fails to compensate for the fact that to use a cut Bigsby 5 or 16, w a floating bridge, you have to create neck pitch either w a replaned pocket angle or an angled shim (bigsby makes one its not too accurate, so get TK Smiths alum one its dead on). So ya back on point, when you shim a tele pocket for increased neck pitch for use w a floating bridge to bigsby.. you now need significant height for the tele bridge pickup. Thats why the B16 has the riser built in, although you have to stuff the pocket full of neoprene tight against the bottom plate of the pickup to eliminate microphony w that pickup hanging literally from an aluminum bell haha.

5. Wayne Gretschzky

Wayne Gretschzky Country Gent

Aug 27, 2008
    East Coast
    Tavo's guitars are always so shiny and cool! I'll be building a grittier Tele version around this well-worn artifact I recently scored online. Dig the cast-arm (circa '56/57)... talk about "character"!

s-l1600.jpg

Randy99CL likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.