Bigsby fix is ingenious

juks

Country Gent
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 26, 2020
Fremont, California
This is my G5435TG that GC was selling at fair condition for $250. They said that one of the knobs keep falling off and previous owner had drilled some mystery holes in it.

The knob issue was simply the fact that the screwes in all of the knobs were loose. The other knobs had tissue paper under them, the one falling off did not (anymore). Tighten the screws and issue solved.

Also it had poor tuning stability. So I ordered a bixsby fix and now that issue is in the past too. That thing is ingenious. I think I need few more.

And finally I covered one of the mystery holes with the arm rest. The others were covered by the previous owner by gold color nails. No clue what the intent was.

Anyway, now it's a perfect Jet at very small investment.

20220905_165607.jpg 20220905_165613.jpg

Baba Joe

Gretschie
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 17, 2010
new jersey
Nice looking guitar! Senojnad told me about the Biggsfix a couple of years ago. I also added a squishy spring at the same time and never looked back. Congrats.

powerwagonjohn

Electromatic
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 12, 2015
I put a Briggs Biggs fix on my Gibson Johnny A and it made the tuning stable and stopped the bridge from tipping towards the pick ups. It's a great idea and a great product. Nice guitar by the way!
Thanks John

GlenP

Country Gent
Double Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2019
WA
Looks nice with the arm rest. You might consider the squishy spring also, if you want a slightly different feel to the Bigsby arm, no clear advantage, just personal preference.

Those extra holes near the bridge might have been for a MIDI pickup in a past life, maybe?

juks

Country Gent
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 26, 2020
Fremont, California
Looks nice with the arm rest. You might consider the squishy spring also, if you want a slightly different feel to the Bigsby arm, no clear advantage, just personal preference.

Those extra holes near the bridge might have been for a MIDI pickup in a past life, maybe?
That could be. There's one hole under the arm rest too. I have no clue of midi stuff so dud not even think of that.