Bigsby B7CP questions...

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Carl Bigsby, Sep 13, 2021.

1. hcsterg

hcsterg Friend of Fred

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    That's possible :confused:... Here's the pics and comments I took when I made the replacement of the bridge. I previously installed a generic roller bridge that had a 16" radius, which was unsatisfactory. I measured the HW05C once installed and noted this :

[​IMG]

It was on October 2017.

By the way, a great number of guitars today have a compound radius, that is to say a radius varying from 12" (nut) to 14" (end of fretboard), so a 14" bridge shouldn't show much inconvenience.

A+!

new6659 likes this.
  2. Carl Bigsby

Carl Bigsby Gretschie

Thanks. Just to be on the safe side, I ordered an 12" ABM, which is matching my 12" fretboard and the BiggsFix front rollers you recommended.

3. hcsterg

hcsterg Friend of Fred

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    Fine @Carl Bigsby ! :cool:
    So let us know how it works for you... ;)
    A+!

Carl Bigsby likes this.
  4. Setzerhotrod

Setzerhotrod Country Gent

Oct 26, 2011
    Anchorage Alaska
    Looks like that was one of my first generation BBF’s for licensed Bigsbys. A lot has changed since then, specifically the dual elevation model for when just a bit less relief is required. One set of holes is the same relief as original while other set provides 1.5mm less relief.

https://bricksbiggsfix.com/products/bts-v3-de
    upload_2021-9-25_15-2-30.jpeg

hcsterg likes this.
  5. Carl Bigsby

Carl Bigsby Gretschie

Thanks for the input. I e-mailed your company before placing the order, but I assume that you like all other small businesses are flooded in e-mail questions from people who are not buying anything...

As advised in this thread I orded non-raised front rollers (and SSS) for both the Korean G5622T and for the Japanese G6620T I get in November. Hopefully they will work fine otherwise I have come back and orded raised ones.

Can you please explain the difference between your (non-raised) front roller and Bigsby's? (original, not licensed). I ordered one without knowing, because the additional costs like shipping and customs declaration fees are so high in comparison to to the front roller, so I gambled a bit. :)

Thanks in advance!

6. Setzerhotrod

Setzerhotrod Country Gent

Oct 26, 2011
    Anchorage Alaska
    My replacement rollers are polished stainless steel with sealed bearings on the ends instead of the brass bushings Bigsby uses. While my mainstay is the raised (tension relieving) system with sealed bearings, I decided to offer the replacement roller for cases like yours. I still hold to the idea that relieving as much tension as possible is key to solving (just one of several areas on Bigsby equipped guitars) tuning issues.

Yes, I do get a lot of emails and I am right in the middle of moving out of a house we’ve lived in for over 20 years. We are moving into a short term rental while we build our next house. Now I have to figure out a temporary space for Biggsfix production (I’m still hand building each one). Thankfully my wife is now in charge of packaging and shipping. Running an electrical business, building a house (we are the general contractors) and keeping up with increased Biggsfix orders…. Questioning my sanity for sure

section2 and CicadaNation like this.
  7. Carl Bigsby

Carl Bigsby Gretschie

Thank you. I was under the impression that the US Bigsby's front rollers had bearings, but now I understand the differences. It will be interesting to try first on the 5622 next week (which is when I expect the package from you to arrive) and then the other one in November when I expect to receive my 6620.

BTW As an owner of a small company I know the feeling... :)

Setzerhotrod and section2 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.