Join Gretsch-Talk Today

BIG BAD DIESEL (Howdy-Celia) is ready!

Discussion in 'Gretsch-Talk Music' started by JHowdy, Mar 17, 2017.

1. JHowdy

JHowdy Country Gent

Nov 16, 2013
    Finland
    BIG BAD DIESEL is now ready and copyrighted! Thank you so much @panhead6zero. Rick, you're such a fine lyricist and a real gentleman! I'm so happy for this opportunity. As I said already in the introductory thread, when I first saw these lyrics I got the melody into my head at once.

The soundtrack on the youtube video is a one take 'live' rehearsal recording. Not perfect even to my own standards, but will do for now, because there was so much energy and positive feeling while doing it. I almost burst to laughs twice when I heard the background hickups, and once grunted like an orc, but I don't mind, that's only rock'n'roll :D. Hope you like it.

Rick would be interested in writing/publishing some country music too, so if you're interested contact him.

ScrH_3656.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/dragginbros

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  2. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Great work everyone

panhead6zero and JHowdy like this.
  3. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Go Daddy Go!

Loved the girl in the red boots at the end btw...:oops::D

panhead6zero and JHowdy like this.
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Henry

Henry Friend of Fred

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Really enjoyed that. Fyi,men drive big truck too y'know.

JHowdy likes this.
  6. JHowdy

JHowdy Country Gent

Nov 16, 2013
    Finland
    @thunder58 Rich, apparently not good enough, but thanks for breaking the uneasy silence ;)

It so happens that I just finished Long Gone Daddy five minutes ago but now I'll have to think if I can fit some of that Go Daddy Go there too :). Yea, red boots are always worth looking at.

7. JHowdy

JHowdy Country Gent

Nov 16, 2013
    Finland
    Oh? Somehow I always fail to see the male presence whenever there's chrome or dangerous curves to see :D.

8. panhead6zero

panhead6zero Gretschie

Jan 17, 2015
    The Motor City
    Thank you Rich, Henry and JC! I wrote the lyrics and Juhani played what I was thinking but not quite capable of playing! Some day...

JHowdy and dcj64 like this.
  9. Gretschman2

Gretschman2 Country Gent

Apr 8, 2013
    Bremerton, WA
    Good job guys, that was fun !! I have a 4x4 pickup myself, so I can relate. But what was the alligator doing in there? The girls were much prettier than that big old lizard. :p

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    JHowdy likes this.
  10. JHowdy

JHowdy Country Gent

Nov 16, 2013
    Finland
    I put the lizard there because my wife was making fun of my poor video, so I thought I'd make it better with her picture :p.

No, the real reason is because one of the verses goes like:

I hooked a sewer pipe to my carburetor, drove under water hunting alligator. When I drove up on the other side, had a set of luggage of gator hide.

I bet my Finglish is hard to understand all the time, but in this recording I did mumble that verse even worse than the others. That's partly because that verse was added by Rick later than the other, original ones. I hope I'll get it going some day :).

(And we all know that diesel engines don't have carburetors, but that's an artistic liberty, because in this case carburetor rhymes better than intake throttle etc.)

Anyway, I guess adding the lyrics either here or to the youtube video would do no harm, or what do you think, Rick?

Gretschman2 likes this.
  11. panhead6zero

panhead6zero Gretschie

Jan 17, 2015
    The Motor City
    I think adding the lyrics would be fun!

12. JHowdy

JHowdy Country Gent

Nov 16, 2013
    Finland
    Okay, I'll do that a bit later.

13. JHowdy

JHowdy Country Gent

Nov 16, 2013
    Finland
    So, here are the fine lyrics for Big Bad Diesel. The sung chorus part varies a bit from time to time, on the heard recording too :).

Bid Bad Diesel (Howdy-Celia)

I gotta Big Bad Diesel Pickup truck. Weighs 2 tons, stands 10 feet up. Stack’s so tall it hits the power lines. Turbo spools up and man she whines.

CH: Big Bad Diesel (Big Bad Diesel), Just keeps rollin’ (Just keeps rollin’), Big Bad Diesel (Big Bad Diesel), Just keeps rollin’ (Down The Line). Hillbilly girls are what I’m trollin’.

Take four hundred and forty cubes! Turbo charged with a 10 inch tube! Move a building with a 20 foot chain. Turn around and tow it back again.

CH: Big Bad Diesel (Big Bad Diesel), …

Sounds like a train comin’ down the line. Everyone’s jealous cause she sounds so fine! Console holds a case of beer, 20 pounds of ice and a field dressed deer!

GTR SOLO

I hooked a sewer pipe to my carburetor. Drove underwater huntin’ alligator. When I drove out on the other side. Had a set of luggage of gator hide.

CH: Big Bad Diesel (Big Bad Diesel), Just keeps rollin’ (Just keeps rollin’), Big Bad Diesel (Big Bad Diesel), Just keeps rollin’ (Down The Line). Hillbilly girls are what I’m trollin’. Hillbilly girls are what I’m trolling.

Words: Richard Celia, Music: John Howdy.