Best Tremelo for Pro Jet

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by PJPlec, Sep 22, 2012.

1. PJPlec

PJPlec Electromatic

Sep 6, 2012
    Wales, UK
    I play my Pro Jet through a Line 6 spider 4 15w which has a built in Tremelo - I would like more control what Tremelo pedals do you folks use.

My other pedals are Marshall and Digitech.

2. The Marlin

The Marlin Friend of Fred

Feb 2, 2011
    London...ish
    The best i've ever tried by far (and I've tried a few) is the Pigtronix Tremvelope.
    A decent cheap option is a Joyo tremolo. For fun, maybe buy a kit and build your own

Marlin

3. Axis39

Axis39 Country Gent

Jun 2, 2008
    Beaumont, CA
    Strymon Flint. It's pretty damn impressive. My buddy's got one.

Although, in all honesty, I'm perfectly happy with (actually, I prefer) the bias vary trem in my '63 Vibroverb Reissue. Tube amp based tube driven (bias vary or harmonic) trem is different than pedal based trem (or digital trem like in your Line6). With my Vibroverb, as I play single nots, they ring... until I begin to hold the notes and let them sustain, that's when they start varying.

Here's a quick little article from Guitar Player on amp based trem

4. cybermgk

cybermgk Synchromatic

Jan 4, 2012
    Grayslake, Il
    Nocturne Nailhead Trem

Marshall Vibratrem

5. WATThouse

WATThouse Synchromatic

This guy.

Attached Files:

6. Axis39

Axis39 Country Gent

Jun 2, 2008
    Beaumont, CA
    Crap, I completely forgot about Tavo's pedal! All the demos I've seen 'nail' the sound!

7. Drock-5122

Drock-5122 Gretschie

Jul 25, 2012
    Va. Bch.
    What are these beauty's selling for??

8. cellrebral

cellrebral Electromatic

May 28, 2012
    heart attack & vine
    Tavo nailhead is a great trem pedal. I use an Earthquaker devices Hummingbird II, based off the old Vox repeat percussion pedal. I love it, it has a switch for a vintage choppy trem or a modern fast trem. Also has depth, rate, and level pots

9. montereyjack66

montereyjack66 Country Gent

Feb 29, 2012
    LA-ish
    Danelectro Tunamelt is an excellent value (usually under $50). It is plastic, and the ergonomics are a compromise, but it gets the job done and sounds pretty gritty retro in a pleasing fashion.

That said, you can spend three to five times as much (or more)to get a pedal that is maybe 30 to 50 percent better as listed above. In the end, as always, - what can you reasonably afford? What sound are you after? How important is it to what you do? YOU get to live with it.

For the record, I have been using the Tunamelt for about a year and came to the conclusion that I really did want to have the higher quality pedal (I tried the Boss which is good but a tad sterile for my tastes and needs) so I took the leap this morning and got a Diamond Tremolo. Stay tuned for real life results!

Side note; if you search "Tremolo Pedals" on this site you will find two or three threads similar to this one; including thoughtful insights from the esteemed Wired Turtle aka Tavo- maker of Nocturne Pedals and Amps goodness including the NailHead. The nice thing about this site is you not only get individual insight and experience, you also get aggragate or cumulative crowd wisdom.

Good luck!

mj

PS. I'm keeping the TUnamelt as a backup. (sh*t happens).

10. plroad21

plroad21 Gretschie

Nov 12, 2011
    Charleston, SC
    I'e used the Boss Tr-2 for years and years. Under 60 bucks used usually.

11. pitner

pitner Electromatic

Jul 26, 2012
    pa
    I use the fulltone trem pedal does a great job and versitile

12. montereyjack66

montereyjack66 Country Gent

Feb 29, 2012
    LA-ish
    Diamond Tremolo UPDATE.

Used it at a couple of rehearsals. Seems sturdy enough. VERY "PRO!". LOTS and LOTS of choices and dial-ability. Both classic and futuristic settings. Probably too much choice for most who are not hopelessly tremolo-fried addicts. Very transparent without being sterile. Excellent ergonomics. Intuitive. Wishing it had a bit more of a retro vibe, but others may disagree. Had I to do it over again, I might have chosen something else for mainly retro and monetary reasons. It was certainly the best of limited choices at GC. That said, I ain't returning it either. It's a VERY NICE pedal.

Still ain't gettin' rid of the Tuna Melt.

mj

13. RockingMatt

RockingMatt Country Gent

Jun 3, 2010
    Landstuhl, Germany
    I used a Fulltone for 2 years.......but since i got my Nocturne Trem-o-Flow, the Fulltone is not in use anymore.

14. Decayingsilence11

Decayingsilence11 Electromatic

Aug 9, 2011
    jacksonville, fl
    The Nocturne Nailhead. There is one for sale on here in Snowglobe White. One of Tavo's original models with the "need" switch. The new one ( like I have ) is $110 new. Good deal.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.