Country Gent
Mar 22, 2019
Massachusetts
depositphotos_31061061-stock-illustration-welcome-aboard-stamp.jpg

Stefan87

Country Gent
May 20, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
The white rat has powertron/powertron plus, the black rat has setzer sigs, smoke has a classic plus in the bridge and the tenny still has the ft-67’ filtertrons
Oh cool, any thoughts on the new FT-67 filtertrons? any reason for the classic plus in smoke and no ray butts? have just recently thought the RB/Classic+ would be a good combo.

grey_wulf

Electromatic
May 22, 2021
United States
Oh cool, any thoughts on the new FT-67 filtertrons? any reason for the classic plus in smoke and no ray butts? have just recently thought the RB/Classic+ would be a good combo.
The ft-67 have a nice chime on the top end and a real thick low end that handles high gain nicely (hot-rodded jcm) I use single channel amps and get my clean sound from the neck pickup with the volume rolled back and the ft-67 does a good job. The Ray Butts is the best sounding neck pickup I have ever heard, but in the bridge it just didn’t have enough oomph. I called TV Jones and got the man himself on the phone and that was his suggestion.

Stefan87

Country Gent
May 20, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
The ft-67 have a nice chime on the top end and a real thick low end that handles high gain nicely (hot-rodded jcm) I use single channel amps and get my clean sound from the neck pickup with the volume rolled back and the ft-67 does a good job. The Ray Butts is the best sounding neck pickup I have ever heard, but in the bridge it just didn’t have enough oomph. I called TV Jones and got the man himself on the phone and that was his suggestion.
Ok cool, that's good to know as I was really contemplating that combo, something to think about now.

Highroller

Country Gent
Jun 11, 2015
Portland, OR
Welcome to the forum, Wulf!

I think most of us here are willing to acknowledge that a good guitar is a good guitar, regardless of the brand. I picked up two Gibsons this past year myself, both of them wonderful guitars.

It's all good - Enjoy!