Beatles Best Concert Ever CIRCA 1964 I have never seen this one must see!!!!!

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by rcboals, Aug 4, 2021.

1. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
  2. Groutsch

Groutsch Gretschie

Jun 9, 2018
    Maryland, US
    That footage was well edited to clarify and define the instruments and voices. It's great for learning the guitar parts.

Jerzey Bob likes this.
  3. afire

afire Country Gent

Man, those guys were such amazing singers. And all three of them had such distinctive voices. When George harmonizes with either John or Paul, it’s pure magic. And Ringo was an absolute killer. His playing was the link between rock ‘n’ roll and rock. He pretty much invented power drumming.

j.s.c, Jerzey Bob and T Bone like this.
  4. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Great to see this again, thanks for posting!

Jerzey Bob likes this.
  5. I am still waiting for the release of the new Let it be footage. Who would have thought that after so many years there’s still more to be seen!

6. dlew919

dlew919 Country Gent

Jul 18, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    Wonderful!

Jerzey Bob likes this.
  7. Jerzey Bob

Jerzey Bob Synchromatic

Apr 3, 2021
    North Jersey
    Yeah, their harmonies were always killer. I might have to break out my vinyl White Album now.

8. Highroller

Highroller Country Gent

Jun 11, 2015
    Portland, OR
    November 2021, if things don't get sidetracked.

MotorCentaur likes this.
  9. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Just the greatest . I listen to them almost every day

10. MIke M

MIke M Electromatic

Jul 28, 2021
    I've posted this many times (apologies) on other sites, but I can't help it, I'm a fanatic:

EVERTHING they tried (whimsical, offbeat, weird), unlike other bands always seemed to work out:

1. Let's have instruments backwards (I'm Only Sleeping)
    2. Let's incorporate random "buzzing" I just accidently discovered. (I feel Fine)
    3. Let's incorporate an instrument I just found (Norwegian Wood)
    4. Let's fly in random tape loops we just made (Tomorrow Never knows)
    5. Let's slow down the band (Rain)
    6. Let's speed up the vocals (When I'm 64)
    7. Let's change the speed and key of the track in the middle (Strawberry Fields)
    8. Let's put an orchestral "orgasm" in the middle of a song (Day in the Life)
    9. Let's sing nursery rhymes as the backing vocal ("Frère Jacques" in Paperback Writer)
    10. Let's sing a fake French song (Michelle)
    11. Let's sing a fake Greek song, with risqué backing vocals (Girl, "tit tit tit")
    12. Let's sing a child's song (Yellow Submarine)

They are the only thing in my life that approaches mythical status.

ImGoodThanks likes this.
  11. Jackrd

Jackrd Electromatic

Nov 27, 2017
    New York NY
    Wow, Rcboals, thanks for posting that!!! Best 27 minutes of my week! Yeah, the Beatles 'were not good live' :). I have actually heard that knock. Incredibly ignorant statement. Remember, these guys were singing, never out of tune, in perfect harmony (That Boy is a great example on this video), in a stadium where they could not even hear themselves. And, they were under a performance schedule that most teenagers would find nearly impossible to keep up with. Still, never have I heard that the Beatles did not put on a good performance every time. They took pride in noting that too. This video attests to that. Always incredibly well rehearsed, mindful of their audience and spot on with their playing. They never 'mailed it in' like many bands did and still do today (assuming most of what today's bands are playing is actually live and not taped. Yes, that happens all the time.) I just don't understand Groutsch's comment about 'great for learning the guitar parts.' Aside from a bit of Paul on bass guitar, they never show their guitar playing. Matters not, this is an incredible performance. Wait until the rooftop concert is released in November. It is terrific (if you saw the original Let it Be you know that already.) Four guys playing together for the last time and, wow, do they ever put on a show for London to hear. Add that to your list Mike M. "Hey, let's play together as a band, one last time, for all of London, on a rooftop, in January!"

MIke M likes this.
  12. toddfan

toddfan Synchromatic

Mar 12, 2012
    Kansas
    I'm very happy I didn't overlook this particular thread....thanks!

Archtops likes this.
  13. Archtops

Archtops Synchromatic

Mar 4, 2021
    SoCal
    Look at those vintage instruments and Vox amps. Thanks for the video!

14. j.s.c

j.s.c Country Gent

Aug 19, 2008
    france
  15. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Friend of Fred

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    It looks like the Melbourne Australia concert. Those VOX AC50s, with Goodmans Midax horns and Celestion Blue alnicos, were really great.

[​IMG]

MIke M likes this.
  16. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    @Jackrd i think he means that the way the guitar parts are played and the strumming patterns are clear in the audio mix. Not good for watching the chord shapes i agree with you, but great for hearing the strum patterns and changes in a live performance.

rcboals likes this.
  17. afire

afire Country Gent

And it's nice sometimes to hear their approach to performing songs with too much going on in the studio to replicate onstage. If you're forced to do some rearranging and skimping, might as well take your cues from the masters. For a lot of their songs, I know the live parts and the studio parts and switch it up as the mood strikes.

mbkri likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.