Bassbreaker 15

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by Rmccamey, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Rmccamey

Rmccamey Electromatic

Aug 28, 2020
    Texas
    Tell me about the BB15. I've been looking for a 15-20 W, single channel tube amp with a simple layout for rockabily and southern rock. This one must have been flying under my radar and I'd like to know more.

2. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    My understanding is they are Marshally Fenders, if that makes sense. Should be killer for ABB kinda southern rock, rockabilly is a broad term so maybe, maybe not, depending on what you mean by rockabilly.

3. Alanqa

Alanqa Gretschie

Aug 22, 2019
    Lancashire UK
    I have the BB007 head and 12”cab. Even simpler than the BB15. Tonally it has a great, almost “Link Wray” crunch and it is is super easy to drive in a musical way. I had a friend who had the 15 and it was bloody loud at gigs. The 15 has more features than the 007 including a digital reverb and switch for drive level. My 007 is similar in character to my Marshall Origin 50 but the Marshall has much more clean headroom as you’d expect from a 50w vs 7w amp.

I also had the 1830 combo which was different in design again. No preamp gain just vol treble middle and bass on the 30w channel and volume and tone on the 18w. Brilliant pedal amps too.
    I’d definitely recommend the Bassbreaker series.

4. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    Well I like it :D
    It's got the best overdrive and distortion Fender have ever produced imo.
    It's cleans are very good too ....but just not the usual Fender flavour

Rmccamey and CaliforniaSlim like this.
  5. Rmccamey

Rmccamey Electromatic

Aug 28, 2020
    Texas
    Sounds like something I might like. I have a tweed Deluxe and was looking for something with a different tone, maybe toward Mesa.

Waxhead likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.